Solution for support three new fields types in Studio

Hi!

I finished a project for adding new fields types to Studio. You can take the archive installer for Module Loader and small instruction here:

I added next fields types:
  • Collection - The block of fields which can be multiply on forms.
  • Collection files - The multiply load files on forms.
  • Dynamicbase - The one text which can be multiply on forms.

The solution is safe when upgrading version.

I will be glade to get your comments.

8 Likes

It is cool. Star and like.

Looks very promising… i will take a look and try and let you know…

Please note this:
1- Trying the package Collection and Collection Files does not work if the module name is quite long, please see here:

Cannot create column Query Failed: ALTER TABLE cdz_commisions_rules_templates_cstm add COLUMN `collection_files_bf_multi_files_cdz_commisions_rules_templates_autolink_2_c` longtext  NULL : MySQL error 1059: Identifier name 'collection_files_bf_multi_files_cdz_commisions_rules_templates_autolink_2_c' is too long

2 - Hope that in the near feature it will be supported also in Module Builder, if you are going to develop your own module you will be forced to add code also in studio instead of using only MB.

Hope this can helps
Thanks for sharing

What you’ve done can be the answer to “line items way” questions found tons of times around the forum.

@rainolf, thank you for comments.

OK. I will fix it.

I blocked this solution in ModuleBuilder on purpose. If you make the package and after that install it on system without support this fields types you will have problem.

I make 3 small changes.

For field type collection:

• Support customCode for each fields (only manually edit editviewdefs.php). See format below.
  • Support Duplicate button.

For field type collection and collection_files:

• Change cache directory for support Quick repair and rebuild.

Support customCode

‘customCode’ => ‘<input type=\“text\” size=\“10px\” class=\“sugar_field\” name=\“field_name\” id=\“field_name\” readonly=\“readonly\”>’,

!Attention - Using symbol backslash (\) is required for quotes.

P.S. I remember about field length but it will be fix some later

1 Like

Will it make into Core Code?

@cherub-chum

I should do more neat code for addition into core code and add comments. Sorry, I don’t have enough times to do it.

Just try it. Awesome functionallity. All is working great.

First, thanks for all your contributions to the community!!

I’m tying to use the Collection Files field type but ran into the field length issue. Is there anything we can do manually to solve the issue in the mean time.

Thanks again.

Hi, @BrozTechnologies

What field does you write about?
Is this length total table or is this length of separate field?

@p.konetskiy. I have a similar issue to @rainolf

@BrozTechnologies, @rainolf

I have fixed the bug. You can install complete the package or just copy the file.

custom/modules/DynamicFields/ConfigCollection.php

1 Like

Cool!!!
I will try and let you know.

Thank you

I see what you did there with md5. Very clever. Thanks for the solution!!!

@BrozTechnologies
Thanks for your words!
I did it on purpose to use the standard method. I prefer to use ready-made code rather than write new one. :wink:

1 Like

spectacular module, my congratulations I have been trying to introduce it in suitecrm 8 but there is an error loading the module. I am a young programmer willing to help greetings and congratulations.

Captura de pantalla 2022-02-28 121716

The solution support version 7 only.

p.konetskiy
thank you for answering.
Do you plan to update it for that version (8)?
If you need any kind of contribution, contact me.

1 Like

@mcb
I fixed similar bug for version 7.12.6. Perhaps, it will be work in version 8 too. If you can test it I will be grateful.