Possibility to show Newsticker on Dashboard?

We are still in the process of working very flexible in SuiteCRM in terms of creating and renaming new Fields.

It would be super helpful, if I could create a simple shared textfile that can be displayed from the dashboard for all users, to tell them “field xy has been added” and so on…
I could do that in linked document or a note, but it would be best, if the content of that file, was visible within the dashboard.

Any ideas?

@JoshDNc

Which version of SuiteCRM are you using?

Right now, 7.11.8 but we will upgrade to 7.12.8 this week.

@JoshDNc

I can suggest the following:

1. Create the main custom module, which will contain the fields for the announcement:
    – name;
    – date;
    – description;
    – other fields as you wish.
  2. Create the secondary custom module, which will have fields with comments for the new fields:
    – field name;
    – module name;
    – description
    – other fields as you wish.
  3. Take the solution - Solution for support three new fields types in Studio
  4. Create a new field in the main custom module as the secondary custom module set.
  5. Set up reading of the main user module for all users.
  6. Disable the secondary user module for all users.

All manipulations can be done without code, using only the Studio and the admin panel.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response!

You pointed me in the right direction. For me a more simple solution will do.
I’m going to use the Knowledge Base with a new Category for changes in the CRM and display that as a Dashlet.
The possibility to filter within the dashlets is a bit limited, but if needed I might create another account that I can assign these Knowledge Base entries to and then filter for that.

Thanks again, that helped a lot

You could also customize the SuiteCRM News dashlet that opens https://suitecrm.com/
Or create a similar dashlet opening a web page containing your messages

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.
The webpage dashlet was actuall our first thought, but we didnt want our CRM information to be publicly available and a link to our internal wiki could not be embedded because firefox seems to prevent the display of pages that need user-authentication within these dashlets.

Isn’t the default “My Activity Stream” dashlet good for your purposes?