Inventory Module

Does SuiteCRM provided inventory module?
Is there any extension to add on inventory module?
Or how to do inventory management on suitecrm

I would also like an answer to this question

W

I guess from no response that means that no one needs a simple inventory module in suite crm? That’s just weird. In my case I’ve now opened a new business that needs a really simple system for monitoring a few basic supplies for manufacturing. I was thinking something like a simple + and - button that subtracts from a certain amount and can incorporate into the workflow module. doesn’t have to be fancy. Maybe there is a way to do something like this with existing modules? I can’t seem to figure it out and i’m kind of surprised this hasn’t been a super high demand item…

I may be wrong but inventory management is something which is usually handled by ERP systems. SuiteCRM does not offer a built-in inventory management system, at least not yet.
You will have to get the customization done on your end to incorporate this process flow.

Dear Members,

Please contact me on skype: prafullsatasiya

I am developing inventory plugin for suiteCRM and soon it will be done.

Thanks.

Hi,

We did this by adding two custom modules, Stock Withdrawals and Goods Receipt and then used logic hooks to maintain the Product stock quantity count.
Demo at Procurement Software

Cheers, Timo

Hi,

Were you able to do this? I was hoping the products module would do this…

@heartfeltdesignstt

Actually, inventory is a big concept. One solution can’t fit for all businesses. Each business have it’s own flow and we have to develop new for each.

Would like to know your ideas on this.

Thanks!

Hi, any update on this, did you manage to complete this?

Hi,

Actually, it’s very complex and also the concept and requirement get changed by the business to business so it’s not possible to create a generic plugin suitable to all the business.

Yes, I have completed a few features and now changing it as per the client’s business requirements.

Thanks!

Definitely it should be a popular module. I feel that a basic inventory module shouldn’t be that complicated for the average small business. Technically you could probably create a workflow script with the workflow module that could reduce a number in a field when an event happens… I was going to try this hack a while ago but still no time. I am struggling with a related issue now trying to connect the product module to the line item module for some basic customization but seems harder than it ought to be.

My original thought for this was something simple where you log into the product in the product module ‘fill up’ the inventory (or update the number of units) in a custom field and then when it is used, have an ‘event’ to confirm it (such as ‘shipped’ shipping stage) and then automatically reduce the number in the product module.

I know nothing is that simple, haha.

Hi.

What we did was build a product entry module which has line items, also a stock module. When an invoice or output is generated, it is subtracted from the stock quantity and when there are entries they are added.

Thank you.

Hi.

What we did was build a product entry module which has line items, also a stock module. When an invoice or output is generated, it is subtracted from the stock quantity and when there are entries they are added.

Thank you.

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion but it wouldn’t work with an inventory because we also have to handle order cancellation, sales return, and purchase return. Also, there would be an option to manage warehouse inventory in case there are multiple warehouses.

We have tried to manage LOT/BATCH and Sub Lots as well.

Controlling the stocks from Products module by adding custom fields and then managing it from Quotes/Invoice Save Hooks would be a straightforward solution for newbies. Order cancellations or returns can also be managed within those hooks as if the Invoice status is cancelled or returned, that would add to the Product stock.

Anything more complex like having LOT/BATCHES or Manufacturers and Suppliers or having Stock Quantity in Line Items like below would require custom development.

not sure if this has been posted here there is a new plugin pn the store

Hi, any update on this, did you manage to complete this?