Cannot generate Automatic Report and email them

Good day!

I’m having a problem with suitecrm to generate automatic reports and email them to me.

1. I have installed a fresh suitecrm using cpanel hostgator
  2. I only setup SMTP email and it’s working,
  3. I added one account and opportunity.
  4. The corn was setup automatically when I installed it in corn jobs but not working.
  5. I generated a report and scheduled it.

Please advise on how to solve the automatic reporting issue and on the other errors that I’m receiving from diagnostic tool since this is a fresh installation.

Hey,
Looks like there might be an issue with the Crontab, if the Scheduled Job isn’t running

If you go to Admin->Schedulers, how does the line appear at the bottom?

It’ll show something like:
* * * * * cd /var/www; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1”

If this differs from what appears in the Hostgator panel, it might be worth adding the line into Hostgator as a Cron job

Otherwise, I found a previous Forum thread in which users discussed Hostgator Cron issues, perhaps something here may be of help?:

Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it.

I have contacted hostgator, and it looks like they only allow corn jobs to be executed every 15+ minutes.
I have already set it to 15 minutes but still not working. Please find the attached screenshots

Also, cron will send an email every time it runs a command which produces output, and I have received this output,

Also, I tried to set the interval on the CRM to be every 15 minutes but still not working

@John Hello, after setting corn to be executed every 15 minutes in hostgator,

I started to receive this error
cron.php: running as epse is not allowed in allowed_cron_users in config.php. Exiting.

I managed to fix it by adding the user manually and I don’t receive it anymore. However, I now get this error
(Run Report Generation Scheduled Tasks) failed in CRON run

I looked for posts that have the same issue, but no luck in in finding a solution, can you please support.
Please find the attached log.

Thank you

Hey,

Glad to hear you’ve made some progress!

I vaguely remembered seeing that error before, and found an older thread where I’d spoken about it previously:

It seems as though it is a currently open bug in SuiteCRM:

If you have created a Scheduled Report record, is the “Last Run” value Empty/Blank/NULL?

If so, could you follow the steps I suggested in the thread linked above, and see if it resolve your issue?

(ie: Set the “Last Run” value on your Scheduled Report record to anything other than “NULL”, either by a Workflow or via Database Access)

Let me know if you need any assistance!