BUG : module builder not working in 7.14.3

Hi,

I created a module in modulebuilder it does not appear in the menus or in the studio.
I tested it in a suitecrm which works normally (including the studio in prod and on localhost.
I also installed a new suitecrm instance and the problem is the same.
To reproduce:
create a package, then a module with 2 fields for example and deploy the package.
The files are created in the “modules” folder but it seems they are not supported in "custom/Ext…
If we create an installable package, it is also not recognized.
PHP version: 8.1 and 8.2
MariaDB: 10.6
System: linuxmint
browser: firefox updated

Thanks for your help

Lionel

Do you have any errors into SuiteCRM or PHP logs?

Thanks for your response.

I’ll let you know the error in the Apache log file:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Unknown format specifier “S” in /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/ModuleInstaller.php:385\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/ModuleInstaller.php(385): sprintf()\n#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/ModuleInstaller.php(718): ModuleInstaller->installExt()\n#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/ModuleInstaller.php(171): ModuleInstaller->install_extensions()\n#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManager.php(639): ModuleInstaller->install()\n#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/modules/ModuleBuilder/controller.php(238): PackageManager->performInstall()\n#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(522): ModuleBuilderController->action_DeployPackage()\n#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(491): SugarController->do_action()\n#7 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(465): SugarController->handle_action()\n#8 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/modules/ModuleBuilder/controller.php(102): SugarController->process()\n#9 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(361): ModuleBuilderController->process()\n#10 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(101): SugarController->execute()\n#11 /var/www/html/suitecrm7/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute()\n#12 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm7/ModuleInstall/ModuleInstaller.php on line 385, referer: http://localhost/suitecrm7/index.php?module=ModuleBuilder&action=index&type=mb

I also tried to do a diagnosis and that doesn’t work either.

the error message in the logs is:

HP Warning: opendir(cache/diagnostic/46f56062-a929-7c2e-bbae-65e6e0c727de/diagnostic20240305-100717/): Failed to open directory: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/suitecrm7/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 254, referer: http://localhost/suitecrm7/index.php?module=Administration&action=Diagnostic

the folder “diagnostic/46f56062-a929-7c2e-bbae-65e6e0c727de” is created in the cache folder but there is nothing inside.

I hope this information helps you.

THANKS

This is an error in a line that only does a bit of logging. I don’t know why it is breaking, but it can simply be removed.

I suspect it might have something to do with translations, if your language is not the original English, I suggest changing the language temporarily to English and trying the same operation again.

Thank you very much pgr,

switching back from the French language to the English language, the deployment of the module worked without errors!

after repair, I was then able to return to French and the module appears in the menu. He is also present in the studio.

It’s the language that’s the problem.

Do you have any idea what file might be at fault or what type of translation error to look for in fr_FR files?

thanks again

Lionel

I’ve found. The English file specifies %s in the English translation string and %S in the French one.

I put a lowercase s back in the modules/Administration/Language/ file and everything works correctly.

Good day
Lionel

@horus68 I know you’re no longer working on this, but do you know a french translator that we could warn about this? This should get fixed for everyone.

That’s perfect!

Could you please create an issue/PR on GitHub?

issues

pulls

@rsp that is not done on Github, it’s in Crowdin, our translation system that was set up by Horus68.

Done in French Crowdin
file: /modules/Administration/language/en_us.lang.php
Note: also fixed in file: /modules/EAPM/language/en_us.lang.php

1 Like

Someday, someone will pick the project, i’m waiting for years now!
It’s incredible that a software like SuitCRM do not take on their hands its translation! Just appoint someone and start caring for non-english users!

True! I think it support more languages then they will have more active users.

SuiteCRM Translations Link :star_struck:

How can people contribute to complete translations?

Thank you @horus68 !

1- Join in SuiteCRM core dashboard in Crowdin
2- Translate!

Thank you! I hope, lots of people will join and contribute to it. :crossed_fingers:

:100: :100: :100:

The question is not having more people to translate.
The question is Why SuiteCRM don’t take the project in own’s hand.
I’m waiting for that since years now, I no longer use SuiteCRM.
Now it’s taking me time I don’t have just to keep it open (approve translators, upload fresh master files, etc).
I think the only solution is to close it for good, some day in the near future!

Just to remember, I left the project in 2021!