Where can you find language pack downloads?

Yes and I appreciate that, but I’m following the directions and have yet to find a zip file for any language to download as the FAQ says to do. Trying to figure out how we can map this on our site to make it easy to find and download. Perhaps I need to join the project first to be able to find a download link?

Got to love those new features! Hopefully those zip links work again soon. Otherwise, what if we went with GitHub and after translations are done on CrowdIn they get pulled into the git repo for each language? We can automate zipping and making it available/searchable on the store from there.

By the way, I think it is fantastic what you have done with your initiative.

A- I can send to you the zips but it would be outdated in one day (they get rebuild every days and sometimes more than a day If I found its necessary)

B- You can use the Crowdin API to download all files at once for all languages

I don’t think github would be useful for translations deploy but its your call

I’ll take a look at the API. Have you considered using a translation API to seed these translations beyond just defaulting to English? It could still be considered not translated yet, but helps with getting a little more translation coverage.

In the end, for a typical new prospective SuiteCRM user it needs to be as simple as logging into SuiteCRM and choosing to enable a language during the initial onboarding process. To get there we first need to make it easy to get a zip at any point and install it while having it as translated as possible out of the gate. Would be awesome if after installing it they can edit right within SuiteCRM and submit it as a possible translation edit.

On crowdin the lines are not translate are empty. When they are downloaded they get the english values. I think this is ok
We can create as many languages that are needed.

On the zip:
I could try to download using API and then making a pull request to github
Can you create a Github project just for translations (so it will also be an official github)

Note: it will not have english master files and will not have PR from users so the workflow would be:

• Translation work only in Crowdin
  • Crowdin API download, not zipped
  • You PR to github
  • Deploy in zip

This would be better to be done in a machine from the SuiteCRm project.
To use the API it requires a special code from me as each download rebuilds the project . Send me your email or PM

Note:
Actually we can not have files downloaded with the same folder structure from Crowndin individual ZIP or via API because the manifest.php file!
Now the individual zip gets the proper structure but I can setup the project in different way so the files from the API are in the proper places.

Do I see install screens in own language?! :woohoo: :ohmy:
Installation screens: choose language for wizard [Language] by horus68 · Pull Request #950

I think it would make sense to do what you suggested during the install process. If we do this we will do as you suggested at the same time.

Lots to think about here. To help with new user adoption for SuiteCRM I really want to avoid offering language packs with English for non-translated bits. I would prefer to risk putting a translation that isn’t 100% correct and promote getting a correct translation by its users.

Long term dreaming here. There is another process issue I am getting stuck on with a GitHub approach as folks may PR to that repo and I would like to then get that back into CrowdIn as it does a fantastic job of showing translation progress. But if we are promoting translation edits right from within any SuiteCRM instance then perhaps that isn’t as needed.

Short term, just need a way to list every language pack on the SuiteCRM Store and provide a way to download the zip easily. Looks like there are some usability issues to work out there. Hopefully CrowdIn can iron that out.

Fresh zIp files here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/suitecrmtranslations/files/

Translations need to be accounted for by a team on each language: they are “proofreaders”.
So translations need to de done in Crowdin (or similar platform).
There is no way I (and other language coordinators) would accept users to upload files to Crowdin directly from their apps without accountability as they would also upload english or will replace previous translated lines and will not use the control tools from Crowdin.

So lets keep this simple.

• Anyone that wants to translate goes to a place X (now SuiteCRM)
  • To download they can use the SuiteCRM Store from a controlled GitHUB only for files downloaded with API (Later the language install could end up on a feature with internal link inside the suitecrm instance)

The last major step is for me to figure out how to get an installable zip uploaded to store.suitecrm.com starting from the files you have in CrowdIn. The rest seems solvable.

The English default really gets me and the potential of other non-translated strings such as for any add-ons that get installed. The latter is another longer term goal. Would you be open to using a translation service to get those seeded as a starter? Pardon my ignorance.

I created a CrowdIn account and have a pending join under the SuiteCRMStore account.

How would that work? Like a autotranslated feature?
Crowdin already has that (translation memory from all projects on Crowdin and Bing translations) but translators need to confirm each suggestion.
And this is not a fool proof as many errors requires translators edits!

Approved for Finnish translation team

Definitely a huge undertaking and that is why I really appreciate where you have already taken it. Very impressive.

My thought was to use something like Bing or Google translation tools to auto populate everything not yet translated. From there we at least have a starting point (albeit with many errors). While we can at least distribute a 100% non-English translation, I would see these as also needing review/approval from the translation owners for each language. As that happens we can update the distributed install zips. Going forward we wouldn’t need to do that awkward pre-seed anymore. It’ll be corrections and additions only. It’s simply a way to do away with English.

Please don’t. You can try that for your language and you will find that things gets translated with too many errors that would compromise the name of SuiteCRM as a business tool. Those are not errors, they are things translated the opposite way or in a totally confused way.

To use Google or Bing it must be as a pre-seed and approved by a translator that a proofreader can relate to.
If people don’t have time to confirm suggestions already done in Crowdin, they also will not have time to approve any proposal from outside!

1 Like

Let me just support what horus68 is saying. Machine translation is not ready yet, and much less if you’re translating strings without context.

Crowdin already integrates machine translation, as far as that is possible.

We should just focus on getting enough people into contributing for the translations, the truth is it’s quite easy, once you get the hang of it. Most add-ons will have very few strings to translate. It’s better to leave them in English (at least they make sense) until somebody can work on it. I wouldn’t mind translating a simple add-on even if I wasn’t going to use it…

I understand the limitations of machine translation, but let’s not overstate how easy it is to actually get people to contribute. It’s not and will always be a difficult challenge. But the more we can chip away at the barriers the more likely someone is to contribute.

Here’s the challenge I face. We can’t post and say SuiteCRM has a Greek translation on store.suitecrm.com which is really only 40% translated. The expectation will be that they are installing a full translation. On the flip side, an auto translation will lead to errors potentially be perceived as SuiteCRM not being market ready for their needs. However, we face the risk of losing a potential SuiteCRM user because there is not a full Greek translation available. We can’t just say “here is a translation, but you have to translate the rest to make it usable at some level”. Or even, there isn’t one yet, but you can create one. Bye bye and next CRM up, please. With SuiteCRM adoption being my biggest goal here I would rather put out a 100% translated and 90% accurate translation (or even 70%) vs a 40% translated and 100% accurate translation if it means another business using SuiteCRM. The additional benefit of another user is the potential that they may help us to fix the inaccuracies of the translation down the road.

I don’t think your system will hold… but:
Create double listings and let users choose:

• Human Certified packs (with percentage done)
  • Autotranslated (can include certified packs and filled to 100% with autotranslated strings)

Note: If you go for a autotranslated language ONLY it will not be done with me and I will handle the project maintenance.
As for me, i will then go outside SuiteCRM managed projects and maintain just my language pack!

I think this discussion could benefit with inputs from other SalesAgility devs

I think a reviewed system is a must. Can’t be two different systems as no objective is fully met and only adds more confusion and translation issues. My only layer on top of the current system (I love the process you have) is to pre-seed with auto translated labels for every label that is still in English. So each language that you have in the CrowdIn project would be seeded with any labels not yet translated. So if a language is 40% translated then the 60% remaining is the auto translated labels. Only change to the current projects would be auto translating the remaining labels to then be reviewed and corrected if needed by a translator.

Once something like that is ironed out then we can get to realizing the purpose of these translations which is getting SuiteCRM into more hands.

I know I am asking a lot, but I think it is important. Is there a way to alter the translation process from English first to correct translation to instead by attempted auto translation to correct translation?

If not, I suppose we could look at just posting the % translated on the various lang pack listings on store.suitecrm.com, but this may be looked down upon by potential SuiteCRM users and a reason to move on.

Not on Crowdin.

Automatic seed is only available for "Automatically fill in regional dialects - Untranslated strings of regional dialects (e.g. Argentine Spanish) will automatically include completed translations from the primary language (Spanish). "

Other 2 options already in place:

- Show machine translation suggestions
Machine translations (Microsoft Translator, MyMemory) will appear as suggestions for translators in the editor.

- Use the global Translation Memory
Checking this option gives translators access to the Crowdin Global Translation Memory. It’s a huge vault of existing translations contributed by previous projects.

non logged in users can now download zip files

each language zip will have this url:

https://crowdin.com/download/project/suitecrmtranslations/
  • languagecode.zip

Example for Portuguese (Portugal) pt-PT language

https://crowdin.com/download/project/suitecrmtranslations/pt-PT.zip

languages available

ar-EG.zip                
bg.zip                   
ca.zip                   
cs.zip                   
da.zip                   
de.zip                   
de-CH.zip                
el.zip                   
es-ES.zip                
es-MX.zip                
et.zip                   
eu.zip                   
fa.zip                   
fi.zip                   
fr.zip                   
fr-CA.zip                
he.zip                   
hr.zip                   
hu.zip                   
hy-AM.zip                
id.zip                   
it.zip                   
ja.zip                   
ko.zip                   
lt.zip                   
mk.zip                   
nl.zip                   
pl.zip                   
pt-BR.zip                
pt-PT.zip                
ro.zip                   
ru.zip                   
si-LK.zip                
sk.zip                   
sl.zip                   
sr.zip                   
sv-SE.zip                
th.zip                   
tr.zip                   
uk.zip                   
vi.zip                   
zh-CN.zip                
zh-TW.zip

The correspondence with full names is under the language flag at https://crowdin.com/project/suitecrmtranslations