Two-way sync for SuiteCRM Calendar to Google Calendar

Well at least I wasn’t crazy trying it. I still can’t figure out why it won’t accept my credentials.

I searched the code and it shows the url as “/index.php?entryPoint=saveGoogleApiKey&getnew”, is that what I should use or do I cut off the “&getnew”?(I’m assuming cut it off but it’s always wise to ask). I’m not entering a partial URL here, I’m just wondering if I have done that part correctly as well. If all of that is correct then I have no idea why it won’t configure because I’ve followed the instructions.

The URL from the docs is correct:

https://i.imgur.com/sW6pZo0.png

I’m not sure where you’re seeing &getnew.

The “&getnew” is shown in SuiteCRM’s code for the entryPoint. I searched for it to make sure I had entered the URL correctly.

Well I’m at a complete loss then. I have no clue why it won’t configure. I’ve followed the instructions and it never says it configured, and unless the calendar stuff for the user isn’t in the Advanced profile tab any more, it’s definitely not showing. Hmmph, any ideas beyond what I’ve tried? Do I need to configure the consent screen at all? I did so just in case but still get nothing(though I didn’t tell it to verify my domain, etc.)

Ok, well I just discovered that the Google Authentication thing does NOT show up on the Administrator account but does show up on my user account(that is also an admin so I didn’t think to look) but it says “The current API token is DISABLED”, so I’m guessing I have to see why it isn’t actually getting the JSON file.

Ok, I spoke too soon. It shows if I look at my user profile from the admin account but it doesn’t show when I look from my actual user accnt. I think I understand why that is the case since it’s not actually configured…so at least I have some hope… Let me try this some more and see what’s happening here…

I think I found the solution for me. I didn’t have the config_override.php file on the system. I created a blank one and then the json uploaded just fine and I was able to authorize.

This may be why I was unable to get the log to change to logging ERROR. Not sure on that but don’t really care at this point as my calendar’s working.

Am I supposed to be seeing my Google Calendar events on my SuiteCRM calendar? I’m getting them from SuiteCRM–>Google but not vice versa. Just wondering if I’m seeing what is expected behavior or not.

Any events you add to the ‘SuiteCRM’ calendar on Google should be synced back. The most common mistake users make is adding new events to their Default calendar instead of the one named ‘SuiteCRM’.

That was it. Thanks. Everything appears to be working 100%.

I was able to successfully sync the google calendar. It authorized and created the suitecrm calendar. But, now all of the ical, vcal, google. etc integrations are blank. But, I can create a meeting in suitecrm it saves and shows.

Any idea what I should be doing?

Hi,

I’m trying to synchronize my google calendar with my suiteCRM calendar. It’s working except that all meetings are duplicated (not updated) in my SuiteCRM calendar every time the synchronization takes place. So, I can have the exact same meeting (same day, same time) 10 times (and even more…). Note that on the Google side, it’s OK (I created a “SuiteCRM” calendar in Google.)

SuiteCRM Version: 7.11.3 on Windows machine using SQL.

Any idea?

Thanks.

@louise.lalonde, did you resolve this? Are you using the Calendar app on a Mac?

@stephenmchugh: No: not solved yet. No replies at all. I’m using Windows machine.

Perhaps related, perhaps not, but I had very strange behaviour when using the Calendar app on a Mac, synced to my Google calendar. Editing a synced calendar item resulted in hundreds (literally) of updates being sent to each invitee until I closed the Calendar app. I haven’t had time to investigate the cause and I daren’t open the Calendar app!

I am currently on this topic facing an issue which is most probably easy to solve. After setting up the Google settings with the .json I am running into a problem with the redirect when clicking on Authenticate for any user. My redirect goes to: http://127.0.0.1/index.php?entryPoint=saveGoogleApiKey&getnew while it should go to my domain instead of my internal tcp i guess. I am using the docker following this blog post with only minor changes. https://medium.com/@cashboxcash/suitecrm-docker-compose-letsencrypt-e93034141ea7 Its a general proxy setup, so I guess there must be somewhere the problem but I couldn’t figure out so far how to change the setup to make the redirects work. I appreciate any further help. My logs didn’t really help but I will try to post some more interesting logs shortly.

Have a look at your config.php, there are two settings that should be checked (I don’t have the specific names in mind, something like “site_url” and “host”/“host_name”). Usually, URLs generated by suite refer to these values.

1 Like

Thanks for your fast reply. Really cheered me up after a frustrating day :smile: The options are “site_url” and “host_name”. I set them to https://myurl.com and myurl.com. Now the sync is working. Now I try to figure out how to change my docker to adapt the settings automatically.

1 Like

Yes, It is possible.
Follow the Step:

1. I log-in to the SuiteCRM.
  2. Go to profile then advanced tab.
  3. then I copy the iCal integration URL.
  4. paste it on the Add by URL in Other Calendars using the Google Calendar
    Or
    You Can Check out here: https://store.outrightcrm.com/blog/google-calendar-api-how-to-find-api-key-for-google-calendar/

@mubashirahmed

Please don’t zombie post especially with an advertisement.

As seen above we ask you to contribute to the conversion with a meaningful full response providing a free angle to the solution before advertising paid for works.

Post locked!