SuiteCRM Responsive Theme

Hi Will thanks thats now sorted the tab out. Is there a way we can reset all users theme without the user having to do it themselves?

Iā€™m sorry to say but I do not like new theme. Old theme Suite 7 is much clearer then Suite R.

Will you continue to have support for the old Suite 7 theme?

Support will continue for both themes unless a decision is made to phase out a theme.

What do you not like about the new theme?

More detailed feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Will.

Home page loads slowly dashlets from right side of monitor.

Old Suite 7 design is much clearer

It is very noticeable that there are parts that are of old sugarcrm design and this do not fit in this idea of modern theme.

The old design is much more intuitive and has better contrast and that making it clearer

Thank you for your feedback.

We will take this on board as we continue enhancing/improving the theme for future releases.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Send me a list of the icons youā€™re after and some sort of brief and Iā€™ll see what we can do. Would be nice to contribute back to the project.

David

Hey Will,
Is the color picker in the 7.2 release theme?

Thanks!

Hi jevans,

The colour picker is in Admin -> Themes. Click on the theme name to access the theme-specific colour picker.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Hello Will,

I love the new theme, it looks great! Much better than the old one, for my tasteā€¦

I have a couple of problems:

1. I canā€™t see the ā€œhandleā€ to collapse/expand the left bar. It doesnā€™t show. I only know it exists because I have seen an online demo of the new theme.

2. The page footer common to every page looks very ugly, with lots of unformatted text. See screenshot here:

I donā€™t believe this is deliberate, is it?

Thanks a lot for all your work!

No it is not. I also had that same problem when I updated to 7.2
It fixed by himself and now the long footer disappeared.
It looks like a cache issue (the browser cache not just the suiteCRM cache)

Try this

• Logout user/ login with different user. set language to default
  • Exit SuiteCRM and close all browser windows
  • Delete the SUITECRM cache folder
  • Open Browser and clear browser cache
  • Open SuiteCRM

Note: try also in another browser!

1 Like

Hello,

ā€“>don`t clear everthing in cashes ā€¦ !!!

I also had problems with the upgrade because my good old Sugar version is already getting old. I had to migrate directly from 7.1.5 to 7.2 - now everything is going great and flawless.

Important:
Not everything should be deleted from the cache. Attachments, Documents, Images, etc. will stored there.
The contents in folder cache/modules and cache/themes can also be safely deleted, they will be automatically re-established.

Iā€™ve tried clearing browser cache (on 2 browsers) but I still get the problem. I need to try your full procedure but please tell me which is the suitecrm cache folderā€¦ I looked but I am uncertain.

There are sites online who recommend caution deleting the SugarCRM cacheā€¦ http://academe.co.uk/2012/06/sugarcrm-cache-directory-it-is-not-a-cache-directory/

Thank you. If I canā€™t fix this Iā€™ll just wait til it fixes itselfā€¦

Iā€™ve just downloaded the 7.2 max version. Are there step-by-step instructions on what to do? We currently have the 7.1 version and host it ourselves. We are not using it full yet so it is fine if it refreshes everything back to default.

Thanks!

When I enable the Suite R theme and make it default, all I get is textā€¦ obviously the CSS file is not loading. Seems that only Suite 7 theme works for me.

What is the concept of ā€˜enableā€™ theme, vs. default?

The upgrade never finishedā€¦ it just stopped and threw me into the SuiteCRM ā€˜homeā€™ page. Iā€™d never seen that before. Usually after the ā€˜commitā€™ it tells you it is done.

But I find no problems with 7.2.1 upgradeā€¦ just the above. Iā€™d like to try the new theme, but how?

Should I re-install? (Can you reinstall?)

Help would be appreciated.

delete me

upload the appropriate ZIP to the UPGRADE module in the admin section.suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade

You are deleting browser cache not sugar cache

The 2 are completely different

My 2 issues with the new theme are now fixed: I have the handle to collapse the left column, and the text in the footer now looks right.

I didnā€™t do anything to fix them, just waited a few days for the caches to work things out by themselves.

But this topic is still missing a clear answer as to what is the correct way to clear the Sugar cache (not the browser cache). Answers found online are inconsistentā€¦ we see warnings that we shouldnā€™t clear the entire cache directory, but then what exactly should we clear?

As I said, my problem is solved, I am just asking for future referenceā€¦ Thanks in advance.

See: https://suitecrm.com/forum/suite-themes/2960-suitecrm-responsive-theme?start=90#15723

Still hoping someone will tell me how to get the new theme to work.

The old theme works fine but Iā€™d like to try the new one.

Thanks.

Hello dev77,

I can not believe that there are still problems with the theme.

You have version 7.2.1 -> how did you come to this version? At what version did you start?

Since you obviously have no other problems with Suite and Suite7 Theme goes well, how do you change the theme and how it would look - Screenshot?

Important topic are permissions. How did you set it? Which OS? And have you access to folders and files?

Many questions, Sorry - but somehow weā€™ll get this thing up and running already