SuiteCRM Responsive Theme

I’ve just checked the responsive theme and I must say that I’me very happy with the result so far.
It works very stable without big issues and looks much better than the current theme.

If I may I would like to make a some suggestions:

• Make more use of css icons
  • Make it possible to add shortcuts on the side panel to modules.
  • I think one of the most important things to get a pleasant gui to work with is the way the information is presented, in the old theme it has a very crowded look which distracts the attention off the real information. If you take the widget on the homepage as an example they’re very crowded due to the colors and the big window controls on top of each widget.
    I’m not gui designer myself but I’ve tried to solve this with some ugly css hacking on the original theme, please have a look at the screenshot what I mean

Keep up the good work B)

Hello,
Can anyone guide me how and where i can get the responsive theme?
I tried to find the “suite_responsive” at github but didn’t get anything?
Please guide how i get this.

Regards:
Hemant Aseri

Here you are:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/tree/suite_responsive

Hello De Reus,
Thanks for help.

Regards:
Hemant Aseri

Hi De Reus,

Thank you for your feedback.

The sidebar actions are actually something I had worked on implementing, but couldn’t get to work originally. This is something I will try to implement for the Beta.

On the CSS icons, where would you like to see these? As standard, SugarCRM/SuiteCRM only picks up either .png or .gif for core images/modules.

Thanks,

Will.

Maybe you could use css icons to display additional information like displaying the number of new emails on a envelope icon in the corresponding menu and shortcut. I think that icons should add extra information and consistency to the gui without getting cluttered.

Hello,

I downloaded the theme from github.
How can I activated the theme. I put folder suiteresponsive in my themefolder…

Regards,

Marc

It’s not just a theme, it’s a complete SuiteCRM installation.
So upload the contents of the Github to your webserver and run it like a new installation.

Hi Marc,

Ideally you would want to fetch/checkout the suite_responsive branch to view the theme optimally.

If you just have the theme folder, some things will not work correctly as changes have been made in custom areas to modules(such as for the new login page).

You should just be able to toggle/set the theme in your user preferences if it is enabled in Admin -> Themes, if you have dropped in the theme folder to your current instance.

Kind Regards,

Will.

Ok Will, De Reus,

thank you for your info.
I installed the complete responsive installation on my local webserver.
Attached a printscreen.
Is this correct?

In the admin area I have a blanc page with menu on the left??

Marc

click on your username(top right) , go to the theme tab and select the suite r theme and save

and do not forget the browser cache, if you run an other instance locally

Ok, thank you for you help.

It works!

I will try it out and will provide you feedback.

Regards,

Marc

Hello,
I am facing issues after install the Suitecrm Responsive Themes instance at my loaclhost.
After Installation i had select the theme in User management but theme not showing correctly.
Please guide me how can i resolve this.
Please check attachment.

Regards:
Hemant Aseri

Did you set permissions after checking out from GitHub?

You may also need to clear cache.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will,
Thanks for reply.
We had re installed the crm and now it’s showing fine and after use it, will give you the feedback.

Regards:
Hemant Aseri

Hi,

I am kind of new to SuiteCRM and really want to thank you for the great job you’ve done and are doing on this !

In order to improve the experience of my users, I want to try this responsive theme, I downloaded the Github Repository, create a fresh install of SuiteCRM Responsive with the right permissions, emptied the caches, put in dev mod, selected the Suite R theme by default… but still no new theme (responsive) on this new install of SuiteCRM.

Do you know what I am doing bad ?
Thx a lot in advance.
Keep rockin’

PS : I am on Xampp. I get only the new loggin page as you showed it in this topic.
Clement

The theme is a user preference, so if you set the default theme in admin, this will be the the default theme for new users,
so for you to use it you would need to go in to your user profile and under the theme tab select the responsive theme

Of course.
Thx,
Working perfectly !

Hello,

I have a general question about themes in SuiteCRM.
We have invested a lot of work in the Suite7 theme in recent times - exchange of icons, etc…

The responsive theme is great and now the question arises whether the theme will replace the Suite7 Theme or if it persists.

Many Greetings
Werner Wieland