SuiteCRM 8 - Q & A

Will change in core include improvements in upload/management of files like configure some directory structure based on modules or new directory create based on month etc?

Hey @Dale !
Iā€™m a dev resposnible for customizations and new functionality of SuiteCRM in my company.
I had a glance and alpha preview and I love what you guys are doing.
That being said, Iā€™m curious if you have any detailed information on ETA of 8?
I looked at roadmap and any threads I could find in Google but didnā€™t find any specifics there apart from 2020, Q4.
I expect that it might be delayed due to whatā€™s been going on this year in the world?
Any answer is welcome.

6 Likes

As you said SuiteCRM 8 UI will be based on Angular to make it a more linear and simplified approach. I want to know, how will it be compared to SpiceCRMā€™s Lightning Design System? Since both are going to base on Angular.

2 Likes

Are there any plans on making SuiteCRM more accessible? Many of the colors used in the theme do not pass WCAG AA standards (1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA)). Users with low vision may have difficulties using it. There are other issues such as form tags without proper labels ( 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A)) and headings that arenā€™t defined by heading tags. ( 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (Level AA)). Some governments are starting to enforce that websites become compliant. For most case, itā€™s only public accessible websites however in the future it most likely will extend to websites behind a login. Itā€™s also just a good thing to do to make sure all users can use the CRM.

5 Likes

When will Suitecrm 8 be fully launched? Is there more previews after Alpha Preview III (Phase 2)?
Will Kanban/Board View be available in the final product?

6 Likes

Kanban canā€™t come soon enough-- thatā€™s for sure. Iā€™m really looking forward to that feature as well. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi,

will be version 8 using PDO ( Doctrine ORM) and will be possible to use other databases such as Postgresql?

Thanks

In the Covid, I think SuiteCRM 8 should integrate with social network and chat for collaboration in the business. Thanks

4 Likes

Does MS SQL compatibility completely dropped out of stack?

Database

MariaDB 10.1+

MySQL 5.6, 5.7, 8

Hi @Ashcraft,

Anything listed here that is supported by SuiteCRM 7.x should work however right now isnā€™t officially listed

Iā€™d be interested to hear if you encounter any issues so please feel free to reach out to me if you decide to give it a bash! :+1:

Been following the Suite8 installation guide but not able to Run the Project on Local.

Hey @cherub-chum, do you have Angular and node installed? Have you run composer install and npm install in the root before running ng build?

Quick note that the install guide is for the prepacked zip found on the download page, a developer guide for installing locally should be up by Monday (Some styling issues hiding it atm.)

ng --version

Actually there up now, check out https://docs.suitecrm.com/8.x/developer/development-install-guide/

It might be that your versions arenā€™t as shown in the compat - https://docs.suitecrm.com/8.x/admin/compatibility-matrix/

Hi @cherub-chum, was this install using the package zip? Or from the repo?

If installed from the zip, ng cli is not required as the zip should come with the front-end app files pre-built under /public/dist.

These pre-built files should be all you need unless you want to setup a development environment for front-end extension development.

Also, the developer documentation that @Mac-Rae mentioned only explains how to setup a development environment using the repo.

Though it does not yet explain the steps needed to setup a front end extension.

We will be adding documentation for that soon. Setting up the project from the repo is just one step in order to start developing frontend extensions.

Hi Clemente!
You talk about a pre built Zip, where the Angular files are already pre-compiled. But as far as I can see, that Zip file currently is not available for download.

Edit: Iā€™ve found the package Zip. You can download it on https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm-8-beta-preview/ Where you will be redirected to the sourceforge project site.

For your information. Iā€™m also running in issues with the procedure described.

Composer version 2.0.12
Node v10.24.0
yarn 1.22.10
Angular CLI: 11.2.7

I do the following:

cd /var/www/suite8
composer install
yarn install

and get following error:

error An unexpected error occurred: ā€œhttp://localhost:4873/cross-spawn/-/cross-spawn-7.0.3.tgz: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:4873ā€.

I also tried with --force as is sugessted in the composer install message: ā€œDonā€™t forget to run npm install --force or yarn install --force to refresh your JavaScript dependencies!ā€, with the same result.

Hi @johnsmith0815,

Thank you for the report.

That error is related with an outdated version on yarn.lock. We are aware of this issue, we should push an updated version of yarn.lock soon.

In the meantime, please try deleting yarn.lock and running yarn install again. Then the other yarn run commands described on the documentation.

I wonā€™t be available the next few days. Please ping @Mac-Rae

@Mac-Rae @c.panton we should add a note on the docs while the fix is not pushed

1 Like

Another Issue which Iā€™ve come across with the Beta, but also have seen in the Alpha, is that it seems not possible to link existing records from the subpanel from Leads and Contacts and others (I think modules that have already implemented the new UI). The only button available is the option to create a new record. This means its currently impossible to link records with a many to many relationship if neither of them are run as legacy module.

Where would be the best place to report such issues? Are we welcome to do so in the Github repository?

Thank you and best regards.

1 Like

Hey @johnsmith0815,

Please feel free to open an issue in that repo and weā€™ll take a look.
This one is a known issue and will be resolved however opening an issue would still be ok!

Thanks,
Mac

I finally got the beta running on a test server. It loads and I can log in but every page results in an internal server error. The log shows:
[client 192.168.34.1:51650] /var/www/html/suite8/public/legacy/.htaccess: RewriteBase: argument is not a valid URL, referer: http://192.168.34.14/suite8/>

192.168.34.14 is the server IP so I am guessing I put in an incorrect parameter running the legacy install. Is there somewhere I can check or correct those parameters now that the install is already done?

Thanks a lot.