not able to send outbound email from the administrator acount for testing in suitecrm

still not able to send email from the administrator account for testing in suitecrm. It gets frozen and does not return any thing
Any ideas

this is the error I get:
Error:SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host

this is the error I get:
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Here are few steps you may take.

1. Check your host name , is it valid.
  2. make a telnet request with correct host name and post , is that listening?
1 Like

I did not have a chance today but I will try tomorrow. Also, I will talk to my boss about getting some tutorial from you. We will talk about pricing and what I really wanna know with my crm

I tried 3 computers that are using outlook and all of them do the same thing. I am able to sent emails from the old crm with the same parameters. I saw a person having the same issue and he said it was the new suitecrm. What do you think?

Please open suitecrm.log file and copy error message here…

1 Like

An email error occurred: SMTP error:Could not connect to SMTP host.

hu Mar 28 16:38:31 2019 [1824][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.
Thu Mar 28 16:38:31 2019 [1824][1][FATAL] SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Did anyone found any solution? I am still stuck with this error.

Hi,

make sure that you use the exact same smtp settings as you do in your other e-mail program, especially:

• Encryption (TLS/SSL)
  • Port (25 / 465 / 587)

Hello, @jansiero thank you for responding.
I am using the right settings. To be sure I also tested the settings on this site https://www.smtper.net/ and copy-pasted it without any change

Hi @Nilkamal,

what SMTP server software do you use?

I am using sendgrid.

I think this is the same issue as this one.

Hi,
if your settings , host , port , user , password is correct , then you may need to check outbound traffic settings.
so does your server allows outbound traffic?
also it may be denied by your firewall etc…
check these things.

I have wordpress installed on the same server with same email settings and it is working perfectly. Can you tell me which function in which file is hit when we try to test or send email. I will try putting static code to see if there is any problem. I am using Suitecrm 7.11 version.

See this