Need help with email-marketing on campaigns

Hi,
I noticed that the marketing record is not related to its own target lists.I thought that every new marketing i create under a campaign will be related to different target lists. wanted to have something like this:
campaign: Sell E-commerce
Marketing 1: Fashion stores
Marketing 2: Kitchen stores
Marketing 3: Pet stores

What is the right way to implement this?
Asaf.

Hi,

This capability has been removed (unfortunately) from SuiteCRM when the Classic View has been removed and everything is done with the Wizard.

However, you can still implement that in an upgrade-safe way:

1. change the Create button of the Email Marketing subpanel:
    Create a file named emailmarketing_layoutdefs.php (actually the file name does not matter) with:
<?php 
$layout_defs['Campaigns']['subpanel_setup']['emailmarketing']['top_buttons'] = array(
				array('widget_class' => 'SubPanelTopCreateButton'),
			);

Place that file in custom/Extension/modules/Campaigns/Ext/Layoutdefs (you probably have to create that directory)

1. Change the edit button in the Email marketing subpanel so that it does not open the wizard
    Copy modules/EmailMarketing/EditView.php to custom/modules/EmailMarketing/EditView.php
    In that file:
    Change
if (isset($_REQUEST['record']) && $_REQUEST['record'] && isset($_REQUEST['parent_id']) && $_REQUEST['parent_id']) {
    SugarApplication::redirect('index.php?action=WizardMarketing&module=Campaigns&return_module=Campaigns&return_action=WizardHome&return_id=' . $_REQUEST['parent_id'] . '&campaign_id=' . $_REQUEST['parent_id'] . '&marketing_id=' . $_REQUEST['record'] . '&func=editEmailMarketing');
    return;
} else {
    if (isset($_REQUEST['record']) && $_REQUEST['record']) {
        $focus->retrieve($_REQUEST['record']);
    }
}

To:

if (isset($_REQUEST['record']) && $_REQUEST['record']) {
        $focus->retrieve($_REQUEST['record']);
    }
  1. Run Repair / Quick Repair from the admin page

That’s it.

Now,

• In your campaign, select all possible target lists in the wizard

• Open the campaign in detail view.
    Using the Email marketing subpanel, you can create Email marketings and select which target list(s) apply.
    Or you can edit an existing Email marketing to change the target lists for this email marketing.
    Don’t forget to check Select to choose all Target List(s) in the Campaign if you don’t want all target lists to apply to a given Email marketing

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Did it but there are other issues so i’ll stay with what we have. first issue: email template drop down list is empty. also i can’t seem to be able to choose target lists.

What is your version of SuiteCRM?
We don’t have these problems on 7.10.

Version 7.11.12

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

found the problem…had to change my email template type to ‘campaign’ instead of ‘email’. like i care about the type, lol.
Thank you for your help, it was spot on!

Hi together,
if this capability has been removed in the wizard, why does the marketing name still exist at all? Seems it makes no difference if you take the same marketing name again or a new one inside a campaign?

Yes, i also think that this is weird. It is very useful as you already have the trackers but the fact that you cannot select different target list for each Email Marketing is not logical for me as well.