About campaigns, target lists and marketing emails

Hello,

We are in a big migration project from SugarCRM CE to SuiteCRM. Now that our users are starting to use SuiteCRM new features, we feel a little bit strange about how Campaigns, Target Lists and Marketing Emails behave. We would truly appreciate any information from Sales Agility team or from other users about the following questions.

In SugarCRM, when creating a marketing email (ME) the user could easily choose in the editview which target lists (TL) would be used in that ME (among those previously attached to the campaign). Then from the campaign wizard it was easy to send the EM (for testing or for real). It was also easy to send at the same time as many EM as needed (once again, for testing or for real) and each one would be sent to the appropiate TL.

Now, in SuiteCRM, if we are not wrong, there is no ME editview outside the campaign wizard, so every time that you want to create a new ME you are redirected to the wizard (step 4, Marketing) where you can’t select which TL should be used in the new ME unless you go back to step 2 and select/unselect TLs. After that you can’t view anymore which TL were used in previous ME. It is also strange having to select/unselect TL in step 2, because this is the CAMPAIGN WIZARD, not the ME editview.

So, we feel it’s quite difficult now to manage relationships between ME and TL inside a campaign and you no longer know which TL are/were included in every ME you sent in the past.

So, what are we missing? What are we misunderstanding?

Some more info. We’ve found that the very first time that we click on a record in the ME subpanel in the Campaign detailview, ME detailview is shown and ME editview can be accessed (as in the old Sugar times). But the second time (and following) ME detailview won’t show anymore and Campaign wizard will be shown once again… unless we clean the cache. In that case we’ll be able to see ME detailview one more time (only for the very first time, as we said).

So it seems there’s a bit mess with this question. Maybe some bug?

Again, could someone give us some advice about all these questions.

Thank you very much.

Yes I can confirm that there was a set-back, the Campaign wizard was “simplified” in a way that mostly complicates life.

Have a look here for more options:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, @pgr.

Reading that “the Campaign wizard was “simplified” in a way that mostly complicates life” is not a good think, of course. :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile: One would expect that tecnology evolves, not the opposite.

Hope this can be enhanced in a near future (cc @salesagility). Campaigns is a very important module in a CRM and the architecture based on Campaigns that include any TL and any ME that can be easily used in any combination (as it mainly was in Sugar) should have not changed.

We’ll keep an eye on the workaround provided, @pgr. Thank you again.

My project when working on PowerReplacer, adding previews to Campaigns etc, was to go on and fix the entire Campaigns module. And add some new features.

I don’t think anybody should need to use MailChimp or Mautic when they’re already using SuiteCRM.

But I’m afraid my SponsorWare model is not picking up enough traction for me to keep working on this…

1 Like

I hear ya! I wish I could use just SuiteCRM for all this stuff. The “email marketing” space it continually evolving though, much faster than CRM which has been around for some time. My clients are asking for things like contact web visitor tracking, email opens tracking, sending SMS’s, lead scoring and decision logic based on activity to fully automate a marketing system. I’m a huge fan of Mautic as it does all this stuff and it integrates easily with SuiteCRM. I really wish SuiteCRM had more of these features. It’s a huge task though.

1 Like