Need Help Troubleshooting Email Module in SuiteCRM

Hello everyone,

I’m facing some frustrating issues with the Email module in our SuiteCRM setup and could really use some guidance to resolve them.

Here’s what we’re dealing with:

• Sporadic Email Sync: Our emails aren’t syncing consistently with SuiteCRM. It’s hit or miss – some emails get captured, while others seem to slip through the cracks.

• Slow Email Sending: There’s a noticeable lag in sending emails from SuiteCRM. This delay is causing communication bottlenecks and affecting our ability to respond promptly to clients.

• Duplicate Emails: We’re seeing duplicate entries of the same email threads in SuiteCRM, cluttering our inbox and making it hard to keep track of our communications.

We’ve tried tinkering with settings internally, but haven’t had much luck in resolving these issues. I also check this: https://community.suitecrm.com/t/getting-email-in-suitecrm-help-neededlooker training But I have not found any solution. Please guide me in this.

Thanks a bunch for lending your expertise.

Warm regards,

1 Like

You could try out add-ons:

https://store.suitecrm.com/search/1/duplicate%20/

Hey @emmawilson, I’ll try my best based on what I can gather from your explaination. I’m assuming your using SuiteCRM for emails and not some other third party plugin for email.

• Sporadic Email Sync:
    Emails don’t “sync” persay. SuiteCRM is only a client. It only downloads and displays what is in your inbox. These remain on your email server and are not “in” SuiteCRM. There is a setting in Admin to adjust how often emails are pulled down from your email server to display in the list. You can adjust this to suit your preferences. This also depends on a cron job on your server to run AND a job in your schuduler in SuiteCRM. So if your Cron runs every 10 minutes and your email fetch job is every 15 minutes, you can see the problem here. So there are 2 settings you should review. The scheduler AND the Cron job. In combination it will determine how ofter your email is pulled into the inbox view.

• Slow Email Sending:
    Email in suitecrm sends immediately to the oubound server (except campaign emails which are sent via scheduler). If they are not being sent immediately, it’s generally not SuiteCRM that is the problem, but how often your email server sends relayed emails.

• Duplicate Emails:
    SuiteCRM only shows what is in your inbox. If an email is in your inbox with 10 replies back and forth an cc’s it will show them all, there is no logic like in gmail where it shows them all threaded. SuiteCRM will show all individual emails in your inbox. Not sure if this is your issue or not, but I’m not aware of any bug where SuiteCRM displays duplicate emails that aren’t actual duplicates (not saying that that’s impossible).

Thanks for sharing these insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative.