INSIGHTS button disappeared

Dear all,
After upgrading from 8.0 to 8.0.3 the Insights button disappeared from accounts and opportunities and others. How to restore?

Thanks in advance

Hi, It has also happened to me in the leads module, any idea why it happens? :thinking:

it looks like it occurs when the module is saved in the studio.
Can anyone help?

+1 watching. This just happened to me after customizing the list view columns. The insight button disappeared and I canā€™t get it back.

If somebody can try watching the file system and seeing what exactly gets changed ā€œwhen the module is saved in Studioā€ā€¦ something must be getting overwrittenā€¦

Ok @pgr will do. Iā€™m about to use Studio for Opps tomorrow so I bet it will disappear too. Not super familiar with 8 yet, but Iā€™ll try and compare it to non-modified test of version 8 I have going.

This technique is an excellent one to have in your arsenal:

but you can also try a more ā€œmanualā€ approach, trying to figure things out by peeking into directories.

this original file /public/legacy/modules/Leads/metadata/listviewdefs.php contains :

[...]
**$viewdefs['Leads'] = [**
    'ListView' =>  [
        'sidebarWidgets' => [
            'leads-by-status' => [
                'type' => 'chart',
[...]
**$listViewDefs ['Leads'] =**
array (
  'NAME' =>
  array ( 
[...]

but the new custom file created /public/legacy/custom/modules/Leads/metadata/listviewdefs.php contains only:
$listViewDefs ['Leads'] =

for return to work copy $viewdefs['Leads'] definition from the original file and include in custom file

1 Like

Hi

Iā€™ve just started using SuiteCRM 8.2.4 and came across the insights for the first time (i was previously on 7). I quite liked them.

However, as soon as I changed the list view in Studio, the Insights disappeared.

Is this a permanent thing?

Iā€™m not sure the coding above relates to Insights. Am I wrong?

Any help in retrieving Insights appreciated.

Charles

1 Like

Yes, I tried the same approach by copying the $viewdefs['Leads'] from the original file and adding it to a custom-created file. It started working. However, when I do ā€œsave and deployā€ through Studio again, it overrides this custom file, and I need to add the $viewdefs['Leads'] again.

Is there any other way to keep the $viewdefs['Leads'] intact and avoid the need to add it again and again in the custom listviewdefs.php?

If someone has figured out how to achieve this, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Please share the exact details of file names and paths youā€™re using.

Original default file with $viewdefs[ā€˜Leadsā€™] and listViewDefs [ā€˜Leadsā€™] =>
/public/legacy/modules/Leads/metadata/listviewdefs.php

$viewdefs['Leads'] = [
   'ListView' =>  [
       'sidebarWidgets' => [
           'leads-by-status' => [
               'type' => 'chart',
array (
 'NAME' =>
 array ( 

Upon clicking ā€˜Save & Deployā€™ in Studio (Studio > Leads > Layouts > List View), a custom-created file is automatically generated at /public/legacy/custom/modules/Leads/metadata/listviewdefs.php, which only contains listViewDefs[ā€˜Leadsā€™] =>

array (
 'NAME' =>
 array (

You have to go into some view overrides, something like this