How upgrade Suitecrm 8.0.x to 8.0.3

Hi community,

What should be the procedure to upgrade suitecrm 8.0.x to 8.0.3?

Currently three releases have come out, however the configurations and customizations apparently must be passed manually to a new fresh installation?

I appreciate your support

This is not an official answer, but I’ve been successfully upgrading 8.0.x minor versions by just pulling the new code on top of the old one. Just unzip the files.

Make sure you have proper backups in case anything goes wrong.

Hi @manuel428,

Have you tried the upgrade guide (check link at the end)?

You need to:

• Download the new version install zip package (the one from the suitecrm website, not from github)
    • Note: Suite 8 does not have upgrade specific packages. You can use the new version package as the install package. E.g. if you want to go from 8.0.0 to 8.0.3, you can use the 8.0.3 install package (SuiteCRM-8.0.3.zip) as the “upgrade package”.
  • Place the package on the tmp folder (see the guide for the correct place to place it)
  • Re-set permissions
  • Run ./bin/console suitecrm:app:upgrade -t "<version>" where <version> is the name of the package (whithout the zip) like SuiteCRM-8.0.3
  • Re-set permissions
  • Please have a look at the guide for more details
1 Like

That is, copy and paste, and that the system replaces the existing files and put the new ones?
And in the case of customizations, use the export option?

Thanks

Hi @clemente.raposo

Thanks for your time, however what you indicate for when there are upgrade files is correct, but for the 8.0.x versions they do not yet exist.

Regards

Hi @manuel428,

On SuiteCRM 8 you can use the package of the new version as the “upgrade package”.

For instance, if you want to go from 8.0.0 to 8.0.3 you can use the 8.0.3 install package as the “upgrade package” and place it on tmp folder (according to the instructions).

SuiteCRM 8 does not use a “delta” strategy like SuiteCRM 7, you use the full package and SuiteCRM 8 will update it self by using the files on the new package. It will “fully” override it self expect for some folders that can have customizations, like “custom”, “extensions”, etc

Ciao Clemente,
I tried the upgrade procedure but I get:

> SuiteCRM Upgrade
> ============
> 
> Running: check-package
> step: check-package | status: done
> Package found in path
> Running: extract-package
> step: extract-package | status: failed
> Error while trying to extract package to: /path/to/suitecrm8/tmp/package/upgrade/8.0.3-extracted

but the permissions seemed ok,
do you have any suggestion?

Many Thanks!

Dear All,
We upgraded to version 8.0.3 and we have some unexpected effects:

1. The “Insights” button disappeared in the Accounts and Opportunities modules.
  2. In Developer Tools, Rename Modules does not work and returns the message “There is no action by that name: Wizard”.
    Could help us?
    Thanks a lot

Judging by this message

/path/to/suitecrm8/tmp/package/upgrade/8.0.3-extracted

which includes /path/to/

Your path is incorrect, could you try updating the path provided?

I’ll take a look and see if these need github issues raised for them!

Also! Please do not cross post in the future: INSIGHTS button disappeared

Posting fuller information in threads along with bumping if needed tends to lead to faster and fuller responses.

Yeah sorry the path was correct (the upgrade found the zip) but I changed it to avoid entropy.

So I still don’t know why it fails to extract the zip, I even tried to create the expected destination folder… but no success.

Thanks for your support!

1 Like