Import contacts/leads error

I try to import some contacts, leads (version 7.11.18) … and I get an error:
NOTICE: [8] Trying to access array offset on value of type bool on line 504 in file /var/www/suitecrm/modules/Import/Importer.php
However data is inserted.
I have tried different files and I always get the same error

The same files are inserted without error in an other suitecrm installation, version 7.11.4

Hi,
is this message shown in the UI or in the logfile?
If it is visible within the browser, disable php’s display_errors or disable notices.

E:

display_errors=Off

or

error_reporting=E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE 

It is shown in the GUI
However the data has been imported

I have done what you wrote but nothing changed.

What is most annoying is that if I want to import a file with 2000 records I must do the procedure 20 times since every time 100 records are imported, I must close the “import errors” windows and repeat it.
Is there a way to import all the records at once and not in batches of 100?

Hi,
are you sure you’ve edited the correct php.ini? If the error reporting is turned off, this message is not shown.

@crmspace note that those errors are not just getting output directly from PHP, instead it seems that the code that is capturing them and sending them to a pop-up

yes, but the problem is that I installed a new instance of suitecrm 7.11.18 to an other vps and I had exactly the same problem.

However, the good news is that I made the change in config.php and now I can import more records per file (2500).

my system is: ubuntu 20.04 / apache/ php7.4/mariaDB

PHP 7.4 will get you into trouble - only 7.3 is supported. And I really don’t advise just “trying your luck”, I know for a fact that you will hit bugs.

you are right. I had another problem too. I couldn’t make use of pdf templates. I do not know if this has to do with php version but I changed to 7.2 and problems have solved.