Hosting recommendations?

Please tell me about the good and bad places to host a SuiteCRM instance – monthly cost, downtime, SuiteCRM support, etc.
Thanks!

Hi msalt,

It depends if you are hosting on your own server or do you wish to host with SuiteCRM? If you wish to know more about hosting/support, please contact us.

Thanks,

Will.

Sorry to be vague. Obviously we could host our own server.
I’m asking what options are good for cloud hosting for SuiteCRM, the open source app. I’m hearing that SuiteCRM the company is one of those options, which is cool, but would like to hear if other open hosting companies are catering to SuiteCRM the way many do for Sugar, Drupal, WordPress, etc.

Thanks, Mark

Hello

I’m urgently looking for a reliable Suite CRM hoster. Someone who has experience with the product and can look after it (not a standard web hosting like siteground with a softaculous script on it)

Do you know if there is such a company ? Eontek ? Salesagility (does not respond on online order of hosting)

Thanks in advance,

Geert

We do hosting: http://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156&Itemid=1308

I have SuiteCRM working well on Hostgator. There permission settings are limited and I’ll have to modify php.ini to suppress error messages. That aside, it works well and the speed is acceptable- although not even close to Salesforce. I just did the SuiteCRM 7.2 update last week and it went smoothly. I’ve had issues upgrading SugarCRM with other hosts who tout there SugarCRM compatability- Siteground, for instance, and I don’t recommend them as a result.

A couple of years back I switched my personal hosting over to TMD Hosting based on Angel Magaña’s recommendation. I’ve had several SugarCRM instances working well in the past but I’ve not yet installed SuiteCRM. I’ll probably get around to installing it some time in the next few weeks and will report back once I do.

Keep in mind that with any of these shared hosting services, the performance is not going to be spectacular. If speed and redundancy are issues you might want to look at someone like Rackspace.

These recommendations are for the United States. I have no experience with hosting outside of the US.

The SuiteCRM:OnDemand service will be available soon.

Support is included.

And you can download the application and database at any time:

You own it: We look after it.

1 Like

Any idea on release date ? We have to setup a POC for a client very “soon”…

I have SuiteCRM runing on Siteground works very well.

I’ve not used Siteground since the Fall of 2011. I actually liked there service and the tech support was good. I reluctantly switched hosts because I just could not upgrade SugarCRM CE from version 6.2 to version 6.3. Sitegrounds response was as follows:

[i]Please note that your account is managed on a Linux shared server and this is why there are certain limits set in order to prevent server overload. Also note that the server configuration cannot be changed per single user request.

The upgrade procedure depends on many different factors, which are never the same from one installation to another. One of these factors is the data that needs to be migrated. Naturally, the more data you have, the more time the script will need to migrate it to the new version and what I suspect went wrong here is that your upgrade hit the max execution time limit at some point.

We have set the maximum execution time limit of a php script to 45 seconds, which is with 50% more than the default and recommended value, but in some cases even 45 seconds are not enough for a given task to be completed. Unfortunately, this particular configuration value cannot be set on per account basis and thus we cannot change it for you on our shared hosting platform. It can be only set on a dedicated server, where your account would be hosted alone and thus the global server configuration can be altered to suit your exact needs.

What we usually do when performing an upgrade of SugarCRM (or vTiger which uses somewhat similar code) is to download the files locally on our workstations, perform the upgrade there and then FTP the files back to the server. By doing so we avoid all server related limits (such as the maximum execution time for example) and thus the data is not corrupted and fully usable. [/i]

They then went on to recommend using there dedicated hosting server service which likely would have worked but would have cost more. Since I’ve not used Siteground in close to three years things may have changed. Have you been able to do SuiteCRM (or SugarCRM) upgrades successfully on there shared hosting? If so I may well go back to them because, SugarCRM upgrades aside, they were a great hosting service.

To be honest i have never tried to do an upgrade to SugarCRM because i am using SuiteCRM but if i noticed I have noticed that like SugarCRM is faster than SuiteCRM on Siteground.com

But Siteground has great support! I have with them 8 years.

We’ve just ordered SuiteCRM Ondemand on https://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=180&Itemid=1399 and are configuring it now.
Still have a lot of questions like possibility of server access (to add or modify files), …

In the next weeks, we’ll see if it was a good choice :wink: We’ll give it a try.

One of the first customers ?

Bart & Geert

Nice let us know

Will also depend on possibilities. It is not clear to me how we can customize our ondemand suitecrm…
A developer needs to do changes and asks file & db access…

Geert

Bart & Geert … if you have any support requirements, use the portal, call us or drop us an email at support at salesagility dot com

1 Like

Thanks. Made 2 tickets :slight_smile:

Hello

I don’t understand. My collegue made 2 tickets in the portal, but there the ticket is closed without solution.

Bart & Geert

Hi Geert, I’m considering signing up to SuiteCRM Ondemand. Could you please reply and let us know whether the service has been good? Are you still with them?
Thanks, Mart

I don’t think that Geert will answer you. Because this thread is damn old. BTW, I came here because I’m facing a very same issue as OP right now. And I don’t know what to do. I asked for advice on a several different forums, then I asked for advice my friends in real life. They gave me a lot of advices, TBH. And now I don’t know which one can be used.

P.S. I didn’t realise it, but this thread STILL is too damn old, LOL. Ooops!

I don’t think anyone here saw your fail, LOL. And - what kind of advices they gave you if it’s not a secret?