Getting error on install

Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (0).
Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (0). in /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/utils.php:1884

Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php(327): sugar_die(‘Could not conne…’)
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/database/DBManagerFactory.php(150): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true)
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/entryPoint.php(182): DBManagerFactory::getInstance()
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/index.php(47): require_once(’/var/www/html/s…’)
#4 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/utils.php on line 1884

Hi and welcome to the community!

Can you provide some more details, like:

• php/mysql/SuiteCRM version
  • suitecrm.log (there are additional messages - please copy those from the respective timeframe)
  • did you follow a specific tutorial/manual?

Yes thank you so much for response

Ubuntu 0.18.04.1
Apache2 Ubuntu
PHP 7.2.33-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.44-Maria
ip is 192.168.1.8
it is on a server inside my local network
http://192.168.1.8/suitecrm/
getting this error
Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (0).
Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Could not connect to the database. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details (0). in /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/utils.php:1884 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php(327): sugar_die(‘Could not conne…’) #1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/database/DBManagerFactory.php(150): MysqliManager->connect(Array, true) #2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/entryPoint.php(182): DBManagerFactory::getInstance() #3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/index.php(47): require_once(’/var/www/html/s…’) #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/utils.php on line 1884

followed this:

https://websiteforstudents.com/install-suitecrm-on-ubuntu-16-04-18-04-with-apache2-mariadb-and-php-7-2/

https://websiteforstudents.com/install-suitecrm-on-ubuntu-16-04-18-04-with-apache2-mariadb-and-php-7-2/

i followed this

Mh…and what about the logfile? Something there?

Further, were you able to connect to your db using mysql -uroot -p , or are tools like adminer/phpmyadmin working?

Thank you again. Yes I can connect mysql -uroot -p and I am not sure how to get to log files - I think you are reffering to the SuiteCrm log files correct
?

exactly, you should find a file called suitecrm.log in your installation folder. The message above indicates that there are more log entries available, maybe they are useful to solve this.

ty where would this be located please i will check frankly i will just try installing ita again i think if its too much but id like to try and save this 1

Those tutorials that recommend creating the SuiteCRM database are wrong. You don’t have to do anything in MariaDB, just tell the SuiteCRM installer your credentials and it will do everything for you.

thank you i will try it again are there a better set of instructions to follow please?

This manual should be fine:

It is just about the installation of Suite itself and not describing how to install MySQL and other components. But if you accomplished that already, this manual should be fine.

1 Like

simple solution is always best ty

1 Like

now i am getting :slight_smile: This page isn’t working

192.168.1.8 is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

i am using 192.168.1.8/suitecrm

PHP, APACHE2 both work

Hi now i am getting :slight_smile: This page isn’t working

192.168.1.8 is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

i am using 192.168.1.8/suitecrm

PHP, APACHE2 both work

Check your both your logs, the answer should be there.

trying to connect using 192.168.1.8/suitecrm

getting this error in log Mon Aug 24 13:10:00 2020 [15511][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : No such file or directory

Sun Aug 23 18:08:19 2020 [12601][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : No such file or directory
Sun Aug 23 18:10:35 2020 [12603][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : No such file or directory
Sun Aug 23 18:14:42 2020 [12621][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : No such file or directory
Mon Aug 24 13:10:00 2020 [15511][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : No such file or directory
root@dellcrm:/var/www/html/suitecrm#

I am getting this error now - I saw another post from you regarding this very same issue:

root@dellcrm:/var/www/html/suitecrm# sudo su -c “crontab -e” www-data
This account is currently not available.

actually sorry this is it , Could not connect to DB ser ver localhost as suitecrmuser. port : Access denied for user 'suitecrmuser '@‘localhost’

i also tried changing php to 192.168.1.8 and then i got this and then changed it back and got localhost… Mon Aug 24 20:10:19 2020 [4982][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server 192.168.1.8 as suitecrmuser. port : Connection refused
Mon Aug 24 20:10:23 2020 [2605][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server 192.168.1.8 as suitecrmuser. port : Connection refused
Mon Aug 24 20:13:35 2020 [2604][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as suitecrmuser. port : Access denied for user ‘suitecrmuser’@‘localhost’