Field label not changing from Studio

Hello Frndz,

Need your kind support. In suitecrm v7.1.1,
After creating 1:M relation from Contacts module to Cases, the Contacts field automatically displayed on Editview of Cases module, and when this field name is edited from studio and after save, it again displays the Contacts name.

I am also trying it from code but not yet achieved. The language file is correctly updating the changes made from studio but not updating on the GUI.

Hope you understand my question?

Waiting for some help. Plz reply and Thanks in advance.

Yes understand perfectly. This is caused by a bug in SugarCE which has transfered over with the fork to SuiteCRM.

You have to edit the files in custom/Extension/modules/[YOUR MODLE NAME]/Ext/Language/

Then do a repair and rebuild.

For example I had to do this in accounts recently by editing:

custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Language/en_us.customaccounts_jc_targets_status_1.php

You may also have to change it in more than one file as the language string is somtimes in more than one place in the extension folder I had to search for $mod_strings[‘LBL_ACCOUNTS_JC_TARGETS_STATUS_1_FROM_JC_TARGETS_STATUS_TITLE’] = ‘Target Status’;

Also when making studio changes make sure you permissions are set correclty.

Hope this makes sense, its a really annoying bug.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I already checked it but still not yet solved. Can you please tell, the other language file location which needs to be changed.

I dont know, you just have to look in the other files in the extension folder. Use a codeing ide and search for the same line of code you editied throughtout the all the files.

Thank you very much for your support Sir…

Hello Sir,

Need little more help…

I checked the file /custom/modules/Cases/language/en_us.lang.php from coding side and studio also, its working for all the fields except the Contacts field.

And I also checked all the files in the /custom/Extension Directory and problem still exists.

Where should I check it now? Please suggest some help.

Are you doing a repair and rebuild after you make the changes?

Look in custom/modules/Contacts/Ext/Language/en_us.lang.ext.php.

These are auto generated by the files in custom/Extension/modules/Contacts/Ext/Language/ and are created on a repair rebuild. If you see the a string in here with the old label on it delete it. If you do another repair and rebuild and it returns in this file then it is still in the extension folder somewhere. If not it should fix the problem.

make sense?

Hello Sir,

There is no such LABEL in the file en_us.lang.ext.php even after quick repair & rebuild.
Thanks for the reply.

If for same reason a label is not in language file. You need to create that:

Look the LBL name in editviewdefs or detailviewdefs, example LBL_CONTACT_NAME. Edit the file in custom/modules//langauge/.lang.php and include:

$mod_strings = array (
‘LBL_CONTACT_NAME’ => ‘Contact’, // -> if the array mod_strings already exists include only this line
);

Hello Sugar Frnd,

Thanks again for your kind support.

I have checked all the files wherever the LABEL is defined:

1. /custom/modules/Cases/Ext/Language
  2. /custom/modules/Cases/Language
  3. /custom/Extension/modules/Cases/Ext/Language

And changed label name in all these files.
Even I Renamed the module from Admin Rename Modules Option.
But it’s still there. Name is not yet changed.

What I have done is Created relation from Product Categories to Cases module and the Field Product Categories is not getting changed after after save & deploy from studio.

What should I do now? Please help.

Thanks,
Sandeep

I remember more two things you can do:

1- Go to cache/modules/Cases/language and delete all lang php’s inside. Relax the suiteCRM will create the files again when you access the module Cases.
2- Go to Admin->System Settings and check the Developer Mode option, save the settings, logout and logon the suitecrm.

if nothing that works send me your editviewdefs.php of the cases module to I search a solution for you. :slight_smile:

I did the same as you mentioned, but still not cleared.

The code in editviewdefs.php file is attached

Thanks,
Sandeep

The file is not attached. Can you please send the file again.

Hello Sir,

PFA

When I edit /custom/modules/Cases/Ext/Language/en_us.lang.ext.php

//THIS FILE IS AUTO GENERATED, DO NOT MODIFY
$mod_strings[‘LBL_AOS_PRODUCT_CATEGORIES_CASES_1_FROM_AOS_PRODUCT_CATEGORIES_TITLE’] = ‘Products’;
$mod_strings[‘LBL_AOS_PRODUCTS_CASES_1_FROM_AOS_PRODUCTS_TITLE’] = ‘Models’;

then I can see these values on Labels section under studio.
Attached is the screenshot.

And the field values are also displaying correctly. But when I run Quick Repair, the old values again coming back. Why it is changing on Repair?
What should I do now Sir?

Thanks

They are changing on repair because the changes should be made in custom/Extension/modules/Cases/Ext/Language/

Not: custom/modules/Cases/Ext/Language/

The files in “custom/modules/Cases/Ext/Language/” are automatically re-built when you do a quick repair based on what is in custom/Extension/modules/

make sense?

1 Like

Editing all 4 language files in the custom/Extension/modules/Ext/Language/ mentioned worked perfectly for me.

Thanks!

I got it now. And working fine as you suggested. Thanks for your kind support.

I am facing the same issue with the latest suitecrm

is this still a bug after 7 years? :frowning:

I continue in
Custom Labels Do Not Save (the but is NOT present in the latest suitecrm, but it is on our installation that comes from Sugar)