End of support for Basic Authentication access to Exchange Online API’s for Office 365 customers

Great, thank you. This is a bottleneck issue for us.

Any target date for the solution resolving this?

Hi,

We are still working on the solution, but as soon as we are ready to release it, we will let the community know.

Thanks
Gillian

Hello @jrawoot I was trying to access my email via IMAP setting in the suitecrm. Are you asking for the same?

Yes. Basically Microsoft is going to Deprecating Basic authentication in Exchange Online. Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

Hello @jrawoot , Thanks for sharing the link. Also thanks for informing this change. I have not used this IMAP OAUTH2 for authentication.
Before I’ve created an app password in MS exchange to get access my inbox from suitecrm. That time it is not giving me access by normal username & password.
That time I’d to enable 2-step authentication & create the app password. Then I use my email-id as username & app password as password. Then I get to access my inbox.
I’ll try to connect via new IMAP OAUTH, if I made progress I’ll definitely update here

we are facing the same problem… anyone found a solution?

Wow thats now really cutting it close. We’ve got some customers who are really impacted by this and surely we will loose them like that.

Is there any suggestion regarding a solution or even a workaraound for the time beeing?

Inbound wise we could maybe simply forward all emails to another email server but outbound wise?
If we do that we are responsible for security problems concerning those email servers.

Maybe someone has a connector in development, so hey please give us a hint!

For the time being you can do the following:

1. Inbound you can use a Cpanel with a dummy domain and redirect emails to that email box.
  2. Outbound, i suggest you use Mailersend or smtp2go.

is there any patch update for inbound email IMAP sync - Modern Auth outlook 365?

Thanks

I would also really like to know that. We are willing to participate in the effort, so maybe just some status update would be nice

Hi Gillian, could you please provide us with an update? Is there any progress yet. Maybe we could help out in fixing the problem or pay you to do it :slight_smile: ? If you could keep us informed it would be really nice. Kind regards, Paul

Hi,
We have been working on a solution to this problem and are aiming on producing a Beta release for the solution, by the end of this week. As soon as the Beta release is ready, we will let everyone know.
Thanks
Gillian

1 Like

thx for your response. we are anxiously awaiting your beta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello pgr,
my crm version is 7.11.10 . Is this compatible for this? and where can I get "ExternalOAuthConnection " module package?

I guess this functionality will be available in version 7.13.

1 Like

Hello pgr,
I have update code as per given and trying to authenticate. but i’m getting some packages issue. Can you please confirm if I can add those package in 7.11.10?

Using this new imap package for syncing emails … Add OAuth connection to Inbound emails by clemente-raposo · Pull Request #9839 · salesagility/SuiteCRM · GitHub

Im facing the issue on imap_search (oauth- imap2handler) only when we pass criteria like “SINCE” with date,

Below are the logs

Tue Dec 13 04:37:13 2022 [32576][INFO] INBOUNDEMAIL-CACHE: setting timestamp query [ UPDATE inbound_email_cache_ts SET ie_timestamp = 1670935033 WHERE id = 'XXXXX_INBOX' ]
Tue Dec 13 04:37:13 2022 [32576][INFO] [EMAIL] Performing IMAP search using criteria [SINCE "Tue, 13 Dec 2022 04:24:38 -0800" UNDELETED] on mailbox [INBOX] for user
Tue Dec 13 04:37:13 2022 [32576][INFO] INBOUNDEMAIL: Cache path is cache/modules/Emails/XXXXX/folders/SearchData.php
Tue Dec 13 04:37:13 2022 [32576][FATAL] An Imap error detected: "IMAP search error"
Tue Dec 13 04:37:13 2022 [32576][INFO] INBOUNDEMAIL: no results for mailbox [ INBOX ]

Anyone facing the same issue?