Email Templates HTML Editor

Hi
Many thanks for the fix for this issue.
Apologies if this seems a silly question but as a non coder, can anyone explain where the files are on Github and how we apply the fix?
There does not seem to be any downloads available and I have no idea what to do with the onfo. presented there.

I have just installed 7.8.2 with a view to importing my old SugarCRM content to it once set up correctly.

On a similar note, can anyone tell me how I get the other buttons to show in the email editor - most are missing compared to the images in the first post in this thread.

Will try to prepare package for You over the weekend.

1 Like

Hello,

attached is file, which You have to unpack in DoceumentRoot directory of Your SuiteCRM implementation.
If You put file in /tmp:

cd Wherever_is_Your_DocumentRoot
tar xzvf /tmp/custom.tgz

In suiteCRM under admin You have to do Quick Repair

Is the fix compatible with the campaign module?

Yes, it works inside Campaign module also.
In Campaign Wizard You donā€™t get to select RWD mozaik edituor, itā€™s just plain TinyMCE editor.

Wierd - I replied to this some hours ago but it is not showing so trying again!

Thanks for the custom.tgz file gody.
So I am clear can I check what I need to do is:

1. Download the custom.tgz file attached.
  2. Create a folder called tmp in my domain e.g. mydomain.com/tmp
  3. Upload the custom.tgz file to the mydomain.com/tmp folder
  4. Run a repair and rebuild via my Suite installation.

Is this right, or have I got it completely wrong?

There is no ā€˜tmpā€™ folder in my installation files, so am wanting to check before going ahead in case I break it completely!

Many thanks!

Not quite right.

1. You download custom.tgz and put it to /tmp or any folder You want.

2. Then You cd to DocumentRoot of Your SuiteCRM instalation.

3. With comand:

tar -xzvf /PATH_TO/custom.tgz

You unpack tar archive to DocumentRoot.

1. Then You do Reapir 6 Rebuild

2. You test functionality.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed steps, very helpful!

I am told this needs SSH access, is there a way to do it without SSH access at all?

My hosting plan does not have it.

Well, You can always unpack it locally and than via ftp or panel make directories on site and transfer the files ā€œmanuallyā€.

Anyone try 7.9 beta to see if thereā€™s any improvement in this or do we still have to hack the ability to send our own created email templates? Thanks.

Hi,
Could you detail this considering a Windows Server 2008 R2 installation? The SuiteCRM is working in the usual C:/inetpub/wwwroot directory.
Thanks,

Bogdan

Latest release has better solution, so I recommend upgrading to 7.9.x

7.9.3 has a bad charset bug, it was retracted from the download site.

Wait for 7.9.4 which is due ā€œas soon as possibleā€ and install that.

Thanks! Will I be able to paste my own HTML code (styles and all) into the source code section without being destroyed? Currently we are at 7.8.5 and cannot really send campaigns anymoreā€¦

@bsarbu supposedly yes, that will work in 7.9.4. I havenā€™t confirmed, but I know that was one of the goals that were being worked on.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it does not work. Tha same code works well in MailChimp and other newsletter providers, but not in SuiteCRM. Going slightly madā€¦

Hi!

First of all, excuse me if Iā€™m missing something, or if Iā€™m completely wrongā€¦ Iā€™m newbie to SuiteCRMā€¦

Iā€™ve had tons of problems with the new mail template editor, so I was trying to find a way to get back to TinyMCEā€¦ I followed the instructions here, downloading the custom.tar.gz, decompressing to the modules directory, running a quick repairā€¦ but nothing changedā€¦

I tried with a version 7.8.3.

Am I missing something? How is it supposed to work?

Thanks! And sorry about my english!

There is no way to downgrade SuiteCRM to an earlier version, sorry. You can only go back to a full backup, if you have one.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your answer!

But I think I didnā€™t explain correctlyā€¦ Iā€™m not looking to downgrade SuiteCRM, just to get back the old TinyMCE Editor in Mail templates. I need to paste my own HTML.

I thout the patch on this threat was intendet to do thisā€¦

Thanks!

Ok, in a sense that is ā€œgoing backā€, but only on a single feature.

The patch is a hack, I donā€™t know how well it will work. SuiteCRMā€™s email module has evolved very much, every single 7.9.x version has a lot of changes there. So itā€™s hard to know if the patch will work the same in all of themā€¦