Email Drip Campaign or Email Nurturing - How to, workflow or plugin?

This is an email marketing strategy that carries sets of emails that are scheduled to go out to the lead over a period of time, usually releated to buying cycle.

In an example, a user finds a piece of content related to business services. User completes form to notify interest in finding out more. Email 1 is sent out immediatly. Email 2 is then sent out the in the next day or two. Email 3 is sent day 5 and sales team then contact after this period.

How would one go about setting up this kind of schedule? Do I need to purchase a plugin?

I currently already have an email automatically going out, a thank you email, when a user completes a form after the details are registered in the crm via web2lead.

After looking at this item in the workflow, and duplicating it, I dont seem to see options for +1 day, +3day, +5days etc or a way to configure this.

Thank you,
Regards

REF:

This already exists in the Workflow Conditions. Please test on any DATE field.

1 Like

There are two ways to go about drip marketing with SuiteCRM. Iā€™ve tried both. The first method is to use workflow to time emails. So basically you set the workflow to trigger on leads 5 days old (lets say for example) then another workflow that triggers after 10 days from lead creation, etc. If you donā€™t have a very complex drip campaign this will work fine.

However, if you have a complex drip campaign with multiple streams and conditional actions, the above approach while possible can get extremely confusing to manage. I personally use Mautic to do my drip marketing and use SuiteCRM to send out action based emails. So for example, a quote follow up email I would send from workflow in SuiteCRM. All my drip marketing stuff for new leads I send through Mautic. Mautic is free an open source just like SuiteCRM and there is a free integration plugin to push leads and contacts back and forth as well as sync contacts. Once set up this is a superior solution for drip marketing. You also get all the web tracking features of Mautic. So I also score leads based on web site visits, form fills and email opens. I then push that score back to SuiteCRM so I know who my hottest leads are.

1 Like

Thank you @pstevens for your detailed reply!

I have now looked at Mautic - I like the visual tree style campaign workflow. I will try to get a couple of emails setup in SuiteCRM to see how it can handle things but perhaps in the future I will also get Mautic.

Whats the integration plugin you mentioned, and how would that work please? (how does it communicate details back and fourth between SuiteCRM and Mautic?)

Thank you @cherub-chum :slight_smile:

Mautic comes with free plugins. One is a sugarcrm integration. You basically just match the fields and it syncs everything and pushes leads back and forth.

1 Like

So the sugarcrm-plugin in mautic will also work with suitecrm? Do you think this will also work with suitecrm version 8?

I thought that I have to use https://store.suitecrm.com/addons/mautic-suitecrm-integrator for this.

Best regards,

Timo

1 Like

Yes absolutely it works with SuiteCRM. Iā€™m not sure about version 8 as I havenā€™t tried that yet, but it works great with all current versions. You can use the plugin that comes with Mautic. Itā€™s not perfect, there are a few bugs but Iā€™ve been using it for a few years now. Sync works perfectly and it adds new leads back and forth. The only issue is a couple of releases back they broke something to push a single lead. Not really a big deal since it ā€œsyncsā€ them anyway and creates new records on both sides.

1 Like

Now then, 9 months later and Iā€™m actually trying to implement this :rofl:

This is what Iā€™ve added.

Because it doesnt work yet in my case.

Process Audit is a nice touch, I get to see whats being triggered. But the rules I created above dont trigger.

What is ā€˜Repeated Runsā€™ and do I need to use ā€˜Run On: All Recordsā€™ in this case?

I have now tried ā€˜Run On: All Recordsā€™ and ā€˜Repeated Runsā€™ to no avail.

Anyone know what Iā€™m missing please? Why isnt this working?

========
Now I think my logic is wrongā€¦ how about this?

Now Iā€™ve tried the above ā€œDate Created = Now - 1 Minutesā€ but still doesnt trigger.

Last try, is my logic right? Seems right to meā€¦
If Date Modified = Now - 10 Minutes Then Action
If it was modified 10 minutes ago then do somthing, right?

I need your help please, thank you.

Oops, I changed my domain and didnt update the cron. It works fine. :smiley:

Sends out 10minutes later.