Contracts integration with pdf templates

Just started implementing SugarCRM CE in our company and found SuiteCRM by looking at AOS. Iā€™ve installed SuiteCRM locally and love it so far. From the short amount of time Iā€™ve used it, one thing would be the need to integrate Contracts with the PDF templates module (unless I missed something and itā€™s already there). Iā€™m guessing it wouldnā€™t be too difficult since you already have it in place for Invoices and Quotes.

Hi staganyi,

Please see this forum topic which discusses how to implement the Print to PDF functionality on modules such as Contracts.

Thanks,

Will.

Excellent (iā€™ll take your word that it works lol).

But can you add it to SuiteCRM to avoid having to do the manual work (specifically for contracts)? I can see all my deployments having this requirement and not having to customize each one would be great.

Iā€™ve got the same issue in making the ā€œGenerate Letterā€ option for pdf templates available in Contracts and other custom modules. iā€™ve read the topic and have no idea what steps to take to insert ā€˜require_once(ā€˜modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.phpā€™);ā€™. There is not a view.detail.php for contracts or any of my custom modules and this directory doesnā€™t exist: /custom/modules//views/view.detail.php for any custom module.

Please help clear my confusionā€¦

I am also interested in this PDF print function / templating under contracts.
Is this already added to the newer suiteCRM (7.1.1.) or must it still come, or is there no intention of adding it to contracts? (Seems to me a very useful function under contracts and many other -custom- modules.)

Thanks.

Someone please help. Will why dont you give a step by step guide to do it. THIS CLEARLY IS IMPORTANT. The topic you have linked is old.

Why isnā€™t this capability added anyway! Please help this is very important. I will keep bumping this until we get a step by step guide buz itā€™s clear that everybody needs this!!

BUMBUMBUBMBUMBUMBUMBPPPPP!!!

The functionality clearly is not standard so in order to implement it you have to be a programmer, Will would have to sit and write a step by step guide telling people who are not programmers ever single line of code and exaclty where to put. Many people would no doubt still get it wrong and start asking for further help and so onā€¦

It may be made standard at some point if enough people want it, its just down to time.

I will look into whats involved in doing this and see if its feasible to write an idiot-proof guide.

That would be great because to me, this is the most obvious case of a module needing to be integrated with pdf templates.

Finally some sort of response! Yes please, idiot-proof in 7000 languages, doesnā€™t matter as long as we get there! Please try to also try to integrate the following:

• Print as PDF
  • Email Contract
  • Email as PDF
  • Convert to Invoice

I would also love it if we can Create a Contract from Opportunity. Thanks!

Please. Any updates?

We also require this help! Being able to add PDF templates would benefit us and our clients and make this system even more powerful!

I hope a solution comes soon :slight_smile:

Thanks

We are all very busy here please be patient.

Also I am trying to get this put into the next version of suite as the missing PDF functionality from contracts is really just an oversight.

1 Like

Youā€™re awesome! Thanks for the effort!

Hello Andy

Above Will referred to this forum - http://www.salesagility.com/index.php/forum/8-aos-5x/2642-creating-pdf-for-custom-module#4031

This forum ends with getting a quote from SuiteCRM for this work to be done

Can you guide me to where I can get a quote for this?

Thanks

It seems that itā€™s taking way longer for a just a couple of lines code. Can you guys just tell us how to do it. I created a custom module anyway and Iā€™d like to add ā€œEmailā€ ā€œEmail as PDFā€ and ā€œPrint as PDFā€.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Good news guys. The pdf template functionality has been added to contracts and should be out on Monday. :woohoo:

1 Like

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cant wait till Monday. Please direct me to other forums that will explain how to ad pdf functionality in my custom module. Thanks.

ITā€™S MONDAY!!! ITā€™S MONDAY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This might be of some help:

http://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=12&id=1379&Itemid=1136#5739

Hey Andy,

I just upgrade the crm. The pdf buttons on the Contracts Module are no where to be found!! :ohmy: :pinch: