API Connection Error (GravityForms)

Hi,

I am attempting to use Gravity Forms Webhooks Add-on to create leads and opportunities in SuiteCRM. Here are the available settings Webhooks has available (imgur link). It appears to connect and authenticate, but I get this error:

[sslverify] => 1 ) 2020-10-21 6:56:34.037528 - DEBUG --> GF_Webhooks::process_feed(): Webhook successfully executed. code: 400; body: { "errors": { "status": 400, "title": null, "detail": "The options \"email\", \"name\", \"type\" do not exist. Defined options are: \"data\"." } } 2020-10-21 6:56:34.037600 - DEBUG --> GF_Feed_Processor::task(): Marking entry #78 as fulfilled for gravityformswebhooks

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Karen

Hi,
please try ā€œemail1ā€ instead:

{
  "data": {
    "type": "Contacts",
    "attributes": {
      "last_name": "someLastName",
      "email1" : "test@testing.org"
    }
  }
}

Hey @crmspace,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried changing email to email1 and got the same error.

Is this error because webhooks uses ā€œBodyā€ and suiteCRM is looking for ā€œDataā€?

Thanks

Karen

Hi,
I assume the json that is being created just doesnt match the expected format. Do you have a possibility to design the json structure yourself?

Hi @crmspace,

Thanks for another fast reply!

No, the WordPress Webhooks plugin Iā€™m using doesnā€™t have that option. I could have it customized but Iā€™m hoping for an easier solution. I was pondering trying ā€œWebtoleadā€, itā€™s a module in the SuiteCRM store, but it doesnā€™t have any reviews.

Thanks

Karen

Hey, if youā€™re just trying to push form fills to a lead or contact, I use 3rd Party Integration plugin. It works for Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7. I wrote a tutorial on my blog, itā€™s for Contact Form 7, but works pretty much the same for Gravity Forms. Plus, itā€™s a free Plugin that works with WordPress.

https://igosalesandmarketing.com/how-to-integrate-suitecrm-and-contact-form-7/

1 Like

Karen Iā€™m almost thereā€¦ @crmspace in gravity forms webhooks you can design the output. Withā€¦

add_filter( ā€˜gform_webhooks_request_data_1ā€™, ā€˜modify_dataā€™, 10, 4 );
function modify_data( $request_data, $feed, $entry, $form ){
$request_data = array(
ā€˜dataā€™ => array(
ā€˜typeā€™ => ā€˜Leadsā€™,
ā€˜attributesā€™ => array(
ā€˜nameā€™ => ā€˜new leadā€™,
ā€˜first_nameā€™ => rgar( $entry, ā€˜1.3ā€™ ),
ā€˜last_nameā€™ => rgar( $entry, ā€˜1.6ā€™ ),
ā€˜email1ā€™ => rgar( $entry, ā€˜2ā€™ ),
ā€˜account_nameā€™ => rgar( $entry, ā€˜4ā€™ ),
)
)
);
return $request_data;
}

Note: _1 in the filter limits to form id:1
The 1.3, 1.6, etc are the field IDā€™s from the form.

The output is:

[body] => {ā€œdataā€:{ā€œtypeā€:ā€œLeadsā€,ā€œattributesā€:{ā€œnameā€:ā€œnew lead",ā€œfirst_nameā€:ā€œPaultestā€,ā€œlast_nameā€:ā€œtestingā€,ā€œemail1ā€:"pablotest@testing.comā€,ā€œaccount_nameā€:ā€œmy companyā€}}}

It all looks right to me but Iā€™m getting, "code: 401; body: {ā€œerrorā€:ā€œaccess_deniedā€,ā€œmessageā€:ā€œThe resource owner or authorization server denied the request.ā€,ā€œhintā€:ā€œError while decoding to JSONā€} "

Iā€™ve tested the setup in postman and it works. Without the new JSON, it connects and gives me the error about the missing"/data:" . Anyone see anything wrong in the JSON output? Ideas?

Whoohoo! Iā€™ve successfully used Gravity Forms Webhook Add on to create a lead from a Gravity Form. Presumably, I can now create/update any record from a Gravity Form. The key thing I was missing was the content type:

Once I added that header, the Gravity Forms function works to populate the data correctly!

1 Like

Hi Paul, is there a step by step tutorial out there to set up the using the webhooks plugin?

Hey @cammie57, none that I know of, I kind of pieced it together. I definitely want to make a walk-through how to video on it. One stumbling block is that my process is still overly complicated (even though it does work). The issue I have is the V8 Api needs an access token. Webhooks doesnā€™t generate an access token on connection, so Iā€™m using Postman to initially connect and then create the access token. I use the access token in Webhooks to connect to suitecrm. This worksā€¦ until the access token expires.

So in a production environment, Iā€™d have to somehow hack the DB and make the token valid for like 5 years or something. If you want the instructions I have so far Iā€™d be happy to send them to you.

This would be a great feature if I could get a simpler way to get it working. Presumably, you could create/update any record in SuiteCRM with Gravity Forms, fairly easily by using the Webhook plugin.

This has been kind of a side project of mine when I have a spare moment just because the potential is so great. With WordPress, Gravity Forms and SuiteCRM with a pretty easy way to integrate all 3 it would be awesome!

Hereā€™s a PDF of my procedure (work in process) that I have so far.

production_api_webhooks_suitecrm_gravityforms [iGoWIKI].zip (163.2 KB)

Hi, @pstevens

Why you donā€™t use API V4.1?

I was really struggling with the V4.1 API. The V8 documentation was so much clearer. (Iā€™m kind of a newbie to APIā€™s). I also found a V8 Postman config file that I downloaded and was super helpful. I havenā€™t been able to connect via 4.1 yet. It would be great if I just needed a key to connect and use the V4.

Do you have any postman settings you can share to connect via V4.1 to say add a record. That would be super helpful!

If I can get that working, thatā€™s way simpler to configure and Iā€™ll definitely make a video for the community.

@pstevens

I am using SOAP for API V4.1. Itā€™s very easy. Which problem are you have?

Iā€™m struggling with what credentials to send to gain access and also what URL to use to add a new ā€œleadā€ letā€™s say.

@pstevens
Itā€™s working for me.

$location='https://example1.com/service/v4_1/soap.php?wsdl'
$login_parameters = array(
    "user_auth" => array(
        "user_name" => 'api_user',
        "password" => '01234567890123456789012345678901' //MD5 hash of password
    )
);
/* if using https without correct certificate */
$streamContext=stream_context_create([
    'ssl' => [
        'verify_peer' => false,
        'verify_peer_name' => false,
        'allow_self_signed'=>true
    ],
]);
$client = new SoapClient($location,array('stream_context'=>$streamContext));
$session = $this->client->__soapCall('login',$login_parameters);
$record=$this->client->__soapCall(
    'set_entry',array(
        $session->id,'Leads',array(
            array('name'=>'first_name','value'=>'name_1 name_2',
            array('name'=>'email1','value'=>'mail@example2.com',
            array('name'=>'phone_mobile','value'=>'+0123456789',
            array('name'=>'description','value'=>'text',
            array('name'=>'assigned_user_id','value'=>'01234567-0123-0123-0123-012345678901')
        )
    )
);
$client->__soapCall('logout',$session->id);

Thanks Dude, thatā€™s super helpful! However my problem is that the plugin in question can only submit requests via JSON or FORM. Iā€™m not sure if I can implement it like that with the plugin. With V8 I was able to use JSON to submit. (Again this API stuff is new to me).

Thank you! I subscribe to your youtube channel. You make very helpful videos! This API stuff is new to me, but Iā€™m going to try to see what I can do with the info you posted. Looking forward to the video if you get to the bottom of this. Looks very promising!

I didnā€™t even use Gravity Forms Webhook Add on as I believe it has a fee.
I went into wp-content/themes/salient/fuctions.php. I use salient but use whatever is your current theme in WP.

Then I entered this:

add_action('gform_after_submission','post_to_third_party', 10, 2);

function post_to_third_party($entry, $form){

//Log In
    $url = 'https://WEBSITE.COM/service/v4_1/rest.php';

$curl = curl_init($url);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POST, true);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);
    curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

// Set the POST arguments to pass to the Sugar server
    $parameters = array(
                        'user_auth' => array(
                        'user_name' => 'USERNAME',
                        'password' => md5('PASSWORD'),
                        ),
                      );

$json = json_encode($parameters);

$postArgs = array(
                      'method' => 'login',
                      'input_type' => 'JSON',
                      'response_type' => 'JSON',
                      'rest_data' => $json,
                    );

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postArgs);

$response = curl_exec($curl);

// Convert the result from JSON format to a PHP array
    $result = json_decode($response);

if ( !is_object($result) ) {
        die("Error handling result.\n");
    }

$session = $result->id;

//Get data
	$parameters = array(
		'session' => $session,
		'module' => 'Leads',
		'name_value_list' => array (
				array('name' => 'survey_id_c',                'value' => 'XXXXX'),

array('name' => 'primary_address_street',     'value' => rgar($entry,'3.1')),
				array('name' => 'primary_address_city',       'value' => rgar($entry,'3.3')),
				array('name' => 'primary_address_state',      'value' => rgar($entry,'3.4')),
				array('name' => 'primary_address_postalcode', 'value' => rgar($entry,'3.5')),

array('name' => 'first_name',                 'value' => rgar($entry,'1.3')),
				array('name' => 'last_name',                  'value' => rgar($entry,'1.6')),
				array('name' => 'phone_work',                 'value' => rgar($entry,'2')),    
				array('name' => 'email1',                     'value' => rgar($entry,'4')),

array('name' => 'qweb_01_c',                     'value' => rgar($entry,'9')),
				array('name' => 'qweb_02_c',                     'value' => rgar($entry,'7')),
				array('name' => 'qweb_03_c',                     'value' => rgar($entry,'10')),
				array('name' => 'qweb_04_c',                     'value' => rgar($entry,'6')),

),
	);

$json = json_encode($parameters);
    $postArgs = 'method=set_entry&input_type=JSON&response_type=JSON&rest_data=' . $json;

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postArgs);

$response = curl_exec($curl);
    $result = json_decode($response,true);    
    $recordId = $result['id'];

Nice @johnwreford Canā€™t wait to try that! Iā€™ve been struggling to find an easy way to send Gravity Form fills into SuiteCRM. This looks even simpler than the webhooks plugin.