Any problems or issues? Let me know!

There is a step in the ETL tool that allows you to pull data from Google Analytics. See the attached screenshot.

Okay i shall try for Google Analytics.

What about getting details from Google Ads? Can we connect that App too?

There is no specific step that connects to google ads that I am aware of (unless the google analytics steps supports it. Depends on the API and API reference) but there are two options open to you,

As the platform is open source you can write your own step but this requires knowledge of Java
You can most likely access Google Ads using the HTTP Client / Rest Input step that already exists and allows you to query almost any online API. You just need to make sure you understand the Google API and authentication

I’ve been having some trouble…

Solved! For some unknown reason, I had both OpenJDK 8 and 11 installed. I just removed 11 and it worked.

1 Like

I’m still struggling. Now, when I create a Data Source, after finishin the wizard I get the following message:

For some reason we are unable to query the selected table(s). Check your permissions and try again.
org.pentaho.agilebi.modeler.ModelerException: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
Couldn’t get field info from [SELECT * FROM suitecrm_integration.S_CONTACTS LIMIT 0]
Error determining value metadata from SQL resultset metadata
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘OPTION SQL_SELECT_LIMIT=DEFAULT’ at line 1

The user that connects to the database is root, so I don’t think it’s a permissions issue.
The JDBC driver is the latest (5.145 implements specificaiton 4.2)

Any idea?

Not sure I follow. What are you trying to create data source in? The error sounds more like and issue with your MySQL server setup possibly?

This might help a little. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15669270/option-sql-select-limit-default

Thank you, @ivyis.

I’m in SuiteCRM Web Analytics frontend. That’s how I get to the wizard:

2020-02-13%2012_05_08-Window

At the end of the wizard, I get the mentioned error.

All searches I’ve made led me to a JDBC bug or incorrect version, just like explained in the stackoverflow page you’ve linked.

My JDBC version is 5.1.45 (the latest on official Ubuntu repo).

Maybe I’m missing some step.

Do I have to add some data source on report-designer (java app interface) before using the web frontend? I’m going directly to the web interface where I can select the tables and the inner joins. But just after this step I get the error. :confused:

Maybe I have to copy mysql-connector-java-X.XX.jar to some folder, just as I had to do with report-designer in order to make it work (its lib directory didn’t include mysql connector).

Please, help…
Thank you, again!

Let me quickly test that Data Source you are trying above. Its not one I usually use as it only allows you to create a simple ad-hoc query and its not ideal.

If you could tell me what you are trying to do in the long run maybe I can point you to a better method?

Im using MySQL version 5.7.29
The JDBC Driver installed my default is 5.1.17

I had no issues creating a new datasource but im not sure a new datasource is what you want. The datasource wizard is usually used in Pentaho Enterprise tools and its not used at all for SuiteCRM Analytics. When the server is installed you already have a connection (datasource) to the SuiteCRMAnalytics Data Warehouse that you can use to build reports from.

I will be releasing some documentation on building reports on the next release coming soon

OK, I thought creating a new data source would allow me to relate tables to create different reports as those that are already available.

For instance, one of the reports we needed was to relate products quotes with users.

Is it possible already?

Its possible indeed but the way it is done is via the Report Designer. You create a new report in the designer, write your SQL to join the tables in the data warehouse for your query (Quotes to Users for example) and then publish that report to the server.

In the report designer you can create a simple JDBC connection to the Data warehouse to write your query. Be sure to name the connection exactly the same (SuiteCRMAnaltics) as it is on the live server so it all matches up.

There isn’t a whole lot of documentation for this release but there will be more in the next release to help users create their own content.

:+1::clap::clap::clap::clap:
thank you!

Sent you a private message

Problem

I keep running into this issue while trying to install.

Checking database Connections…
./kitchen.sh: line 9: ./kitchen.sh: No such file or directory

We could not establish a connection to the SuiteCRM database!
Please check the JDBC connection properties and run setup again.
We will configure your email properties and send you a test email
If you do not get this email then please check the log in …
./pan.sh: line 8: ./pan.sh: No such file or directory

Context

The database is hosted on a plesk server along with the SuiteCRM dashboard.
I’m trying to configure all three to use the same server with subdomains.

Log Text

Overriding KETTLE default JVM mem size: 1024

Odd error to be getting. Are you sure you followed the instructions 100%?

Response

Been following them for the last 48 hours.
Switched to 3 different environments and the same error every time.
Even tried with local sql databases because I thought remote was the issue.

Request

Could you provide the environment specifications for optimal install & performance?

• I’m a Java newb!

Ubuntu 18.04 installation error

I get this error when running the install script.

Installing...

Checking database Connections...

We will configure your email properties and send you a test email
 If you do not get this email then please check the log in ......
./pan.sh: line 8: ./pan.sh: No such file or directory
  • My MYSQL database is on a remote server an accessible (Tested)
  • I’m new to Pentaho so I barely understand the kitchen script and its use.

Is there something basic that I’m missing?

I’ll take a look into this and get back to you

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS Installation Error, running Java 8, checked the db connections

After running ./setup-suitecrm-data-integration.sh, I get the following error.

Installing…

Checking database Connections…

The Setup has FAILED! - Please check for any errors in the log files inside the logs directory!

BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE

awk: line 1: syntax error at or near &&

The logs from the folder only have one line

Overriding KETTLE default JVM mem size: 1024

It looks like it might be similar to [footbllman62]'s error in April. Please let me know if you found a fix.

Thanks!