About new module

I created new module but in bulk of action I want to add option of add to target list but it’s not showing, please tell me how i can edit this like in studio ~ custom module ~ layout- after that ??? Where i will find to edit option of bulk action for custom module.
I also created relationship with many to many with target list

Check a code of contacts module.

Contacts

You generally don’t want to use a custom module for contacts. Especially if you plan to use target lists and campaigns. It is possible to add the relationship to target lists to module. However, the campaign module will not work and always report “no targets on list” if you use contacts from a custom module.

Stick with the default contacts module and just add a field like “contact type” to segregate them.

The main issue is that i am using suite crm for academic and i have these types of data
1)students
2alumni
3)volunteers
4)parents
5)online data /others
6) employees
Can you please help me how in which module i will save these type of data in suite crm.
I really need help regarding this. Which data will go in target , contact and lead. And what i will creat account?
Your YouTube video are really awesome sir :heart:

Who is gonna use and enter data into CRM? Is it employees?

Well employes are “users” so they will work with target lists and campaigns. However, if you create custom modules for th rest, they will not work with campaigns. I’ve tried a number of times to get this to work by customizing the code and get so close but can’t get it to work. So my advice would be if you are planning to use email campaigns to send to these various types of contacts. Then they should all be LEADS or CONTACTS. Just add a field for “contact type” and that makes it easy to idenfify, report and segrate your contact lists.

I built a CRM for an online school with all the same issues. Everyone is a contact/lead except employees and teachers, they are users.

Students are are further segregated by “active”, “graduated”, etc.

You don’t need accounts at all. (there are alot of cusotmizations to apply to disable accounts throughout, including removing subpanels, removing from the conversion dialogue, etc.

Opportunties are not relevant either. Basicially you have leads (of any type) that convert to Students. Students eventually become alumni by changing their status. Parents and volunteers probably won’t be a lead , just contacts type= parent or type = volunteer.

1 Like