Workflow: How to create a series of calls based on field?

I want to create a field known as “Follow-Up Track” to tell myself how often to contact specific leads.

Follow-Up Track = Weekly would need to be called every week
Follow-Up Track = Monthly would need to be called every month
etc.

I want a workflow that will create the CALL associated with that LEAD.

So, for example, if I change a lead’s track to “Monthly,” on February 15th, the CRM would create a call planned for March 15th, April 14th, etc.

The first problem that I see is that I can’t tell it the specific date to create the call record.

The second problem is that I need a way to delete the already scheduled calls if their follow-up track changes.

For example, if I change a lead’s track from Monthly to Weekly, I would need an automated way to delete their old “monthly” calls.

Hi,
when workflows don’t do the trick, use logic hooks. Everything you describe is doable with a few lines php.

1 Like

I think you could also get about the same outcome with a combination of separate workflows, except that I doubt it’d be possible to remove calls after a track change. Also the solution would be more than a liddle fidgety and prone to errors.

A better setup would be to use logic hooks and a scheduler. You could use logic hooks to set up series of calls upon save, but you could also use logic hooks to just setup the basic settings for the series, create the first calls and remove “wrong” calls after a track change, and then use a scheduler to create future recurring calls as they become actual e.g. a week before the scheduled call date. That way you could also keep call lists tidier. All of this could be done with a couple of custom fields and not-too-many lines of code.