Workflow does not send Email and cannot use Scheduled reports.

I am having an issue in Suite CRM regarding both workflows and scheduling of reports. We are running version 7.3.1. The problem with the workflow is I can not get it trigger sending an email. The only way it will do that is if we chose to send to an assigned user. Any other option does not work. The workflow process log says failed. I get no PHP error nor does an error show up in the suitecrm log. I am able to send system email and email does work for notifications. My other issue is with scheduled reports. They simple just do not run. I am able to write and execute reports but when scheduled they fail to run. Any info would be of great help.

This sounds like your scheduler is not set up correctly. Can you post screen shots of your scheduler logs in Admin -> Schedulers for both the workflow and reports schedulers?

Can you also attach a screen shot of your workflow in edit/detail view?

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Hello,

I hope I have the correct info for you. I appreciate your time. I am not sure if this is helpful but I am running this on MAMP. I saw the note at the bottom of the Admin --> Scheduler screen regarding crontab and I think I set that up correctly.

Matt

Hello,

By any chance did you have a moment to take a look at what I sent. Thank you for your time and effort.

Hi,
Since your scheduler tasks have No “Job Logs” data and have “Last Successful Run: Never”, it seems that your Crontab isn’t set up correctly.
You mentioned that you are running MAMP, maybe these tips will help with setting it up in MAMP?: https://www.drupal.org/node/434416

Just ensure that you you aren’t using the Cron line written on that website,[size=3] (5 * * * * /usr/bin/curl --silent --compressed http://localhost:8888/cron.php)[/size]
and instead use the line that can be found at the bottom of Admin > Schedulers

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you all for your help. I now have the crontab running however it kicks back another error. That is:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/suitecrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php on line 282
Could not connect to the database. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details.

When I look at the suitecrm log it has this:

[23832][-none-][FATAL] Could not connect to DB server localhost as root. port : No such file or directory.

Any help would be great.

Thank you kindly.

Hi,

Go to your config.php file for SuiteCRM and look for the dbconfig array. It should be around line 60.
It should look alike:

'dbconfig' =>   array (
    'db_host_name' => '',
    'db_host_instance' => '',
    'db_user_name' => '',
    'db_password' => '',
    'db_name' => '',
    'db_type' => '',
    'db_port' => '',
    'db_manager' => '',
  ),

Ensure that these values are correct and relevant to your setup.

1 Like