Workflow based on where or not a note has been added to project?

Hi,

Our system requires project managers to add an update to a “project” every week about the status of the project. Updates are adding using “Notes”. I would love to be able to create a workflow that sends out an email notification if a project has not been updated with a “new note” in the last 7 days. I was wondering, if this is possible with workflows and if not what might be the best workaround?

Thanks

check this example, is not that elaborated but it will do the job

best regards

1 Like

Thanks a million for this. You are truly a superstar. I didnt think this would be possible out of the box.

I understand what the 2nd condition is trying to achieve, just what wondering what is the goal of the first condition?

Hi,

I set this up and it is working, but for some reason, I am also getting notification for those projects where there has been update in the last 7 days, for even those where there was an update in the last 2-3 days? Wonder, if its something to do with how the “operator” to be used for dates?

Cheers

You can remove the first one, maybe that’s the problem

best regards

Thanks. Will try that.

Still experimenting with that but I had a couple of questions:

1. If I don’t have “repeated runs”, would this just be one update until someone adds a new note? If I check “repeated runs”, how often would I get these emails?

2. I would like to add another condition that only sends these emails if the project/opportunity is not closed. When we close an opp/project we add a “Date Closed” so I was wondering if the “attached” condition would work? or should it be “Is Null” “DATE”, instead of “Is Null” Value"?

Thanks

Hi,

I figured out why I was getting notifications for projects that had notes less than 7 days. This is because, if a project has “multiple notes”, instead of taking the “date created” or “date modified” from the latest note associated with that project, it takes it from the “first note” associated with that project, which means the 7 days are always counted from the 1st note and not from the “latest” note. I wonder if there is a solution for this ,so that it takes the “latest note” instead?

On another note, I am getting multiple emails for the same project sent at the same time, sometimes up to 4 or 5 emails for a single project, on other projects it may be just 2 or 3. Wonder, whats causing this, and what I can do to ensure I only get 1 email at a time per project. See attachment which shows the same email being sent twice.

Just wondering if there is light at the end of the tunnel here?