What version use?

Hi!

Some information, I am new to the CRM world:

• Is it better to use SuiteCRM 7.9.7 or SuiteCRM 7.8.8 LTS for a new installation?
  • are the available translations compatible for SuiteCRM 7.9.7?
  • what would be the opportunity to connect SuiteCRM to a newsletter?
  • can I do all the synchronization contacts, calendars, etc. manually without using the Official SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin?

Thanks!

Welcome, Harry!

Here’s my perspective on your points raised and I am sure others will also weigh in.

1. While version 7.8.x will receive long-term support, any new features and enhancements will only really appear in 7.10 and forward. 7.8 is solid, but it will not be around forever. There were some substantial gripes with 7.9 … the excessive spacing of the Suite P theme being just one! … that are being addressed in 7.10 and this release is due shortly.

2. What [language] translations are you looking for?

3. By “connect to a newsletter”, do you mean mailing (or emailing) newsletters to a segment of your CRM names? As you can create custom modules in SuiteCRM, you could maybe set one up as a “newsletter” module and include a record for each subscriber. In its simplest form, it would show the start and end subscription dates for each name and you would then drive your mailing label or email list selections off those dates. If you needed a transactional history (of each newsletter mailed/emailed) by recipient, that can also be done, but you are then probably looking at some programming or maybe some data exports/imports.

4. If you want to manually synchronize emails, etc., that will probably drive you insane at some point! :ohmy:

1 Like

Hi!

1. Needed a stable version, I would like to go with 7.8.8, do you think they do good or not? Do you know that versions 7.9 and 7.10 have really important features and that there are no major stability issues? About themes, I think it is possible change it, or not?

2. Italian.

3. Connect the CRM to MailChimp, what would the benefits be?

4. Is still present the option to synchronize emails and attach by sending message to a CCN address, or is it very easy to compile Official SuiteCRM Outlook Open Source Plugin Version? Is there some tutorial online?

Thanks!

1. I can install SuiteCRM on a subdomain with SSL certificate?

Yes.

I need only this answer:

1. I needed a stable version, I would like to go with 7.8.8, do you think they do good or not? Do you know that versions 7.9 and 7.10 have really important features and that there are no major stability issues? About themes, I think it is possible change it, or not?

Thanks!

Harry,

All releases of all software have bugs/issues! Even SuiteCRM 7.8.x.

The main goal of 7.10 was to address not only theme spacing but also many of the other “issues”.

As you do not have an existing installation of SuiteCRM to contend with, I’d say aim for 7.10, but much will depend on how quickly you need to get your CRM up and running. This is not easy for others to answer, as everyone’s requirements differ.

Regarding the excessive spacing in Suite P, if anyone on your team has any CSS knowledge, the spacing is not difficult to rectify, as I and many others have already done.

Yes, for the reasons paullm explain, I agree you’re better of with 7.8.8. Then wait for 7.10 which will have very nice additions. Give it some time, see what people are saying when they install it, maybe 7.10.1 is safer :slight_smile:

Thanks to all, great support from this forum!

It is difficult compile Official SuiteCRM Outlook Open Source Plugin? Is there some tutorial online?

I did not understand the difference between Target and Lead, Do you think that when a Target is covered to lead I can delete the Target? Do you think that when a Lead is converted to Contact I can delete the Lead?

Thanks!

There is no tutorial to compile the Outlook plugin. I tried to compile it once but couldn’t do it because I didn’t have the necessary Microsoft InstallShield modules, I would have to buy them.

The use of Targets/Leads/Contacts is up to you to define. Don’t feel that you must use all of them, if your process is simple stay with just Contacts. Then add Leads if you really need to. Then add Targets if you REALLY need to. Consider how long it takes to do a conversion, is it worthwhile? Also consider which fields you need in each step, make sure they are there.

Thanks!

Re: Contacts, Leads, and Targets, you may find this helpful …

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Getting_Started/Introduction_to_Contacts_Leads_and_Targets/

I reopen the topic because only now I will start working with Suite CRM

• Is it better to use SuiteCRM 7.9.11 or SuiteCRM 7.8.12 LTS for a new installation?

In SuiteCRM 7.9.11 have you improved important things like theme spacing and more?

@harry84

A lot will depend on your timeline.

You say “only now I will start working with SuiteCRM”. What exactly does that mean?

If you are just starting to investigate what SuiteCRM can do, you might be best off installing the beta of 7.10 and working with that. The official release is just a couple of weeks away.

However, if you need to hit the road running and need something stable, NOW, 7.8.x might be your best option.

Only you can really answer that question.

So… I had asked this question months ago when there were other versions, I wanted to know how the situation was now, because only now I will really install it. I think I proceed with SuiteCRM 7.8.12 LTS, do I do well for more stability?

@Harry84

That should work well!

When 7.10 is officially released, you might then want to wait for a few subsequent intermediate releases, before upgrading … that’s if you feel you need to.

For some users with less complex overall needs, older releases … such as 7.8.x … work very well.

I think I proceed with SuiteCRM 7.8.12 LTS, do I do well for more stability?

2 quick questions:

1. 2 user can login on SuiteCRM with “1 account credentials at the same time” or not for security reasons?
  2. Official SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin is SuiteCRM 7.8.12 LTS compatible?

Thanks!

@paullm

Excuse me, I have only read your last answer now. So answer me only to these 2 questions:

1. 2 user can login on SuiteCRM with “1 account credentials at the same time” or not for security reasons?
  2. Official SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin is SuiteCRM 7.8.12 LTS compatible?

Thanks!

@harry84

1. SuiteCRM will ostensibly permit multiple logins under the same username however, I don’t know if there are any potential internal system conflicts when doing that. I would question why you’d want to allow that? Setting up some portal users might be your best route.

2. I don’t use it, but according to the SuiteCRM Outlook plugin web page, it is currently compatible with SuiteCRM versions 7.0.0 thru 7.9.11.

Thanks!