What is Business Hours For?

What is the new business hours module for? Is this for projects/ghantt?

Great question! I was also wondering. Looks useless.

Hi,

Business Hours can be edited from the admin panel. It is used to control when workflows are fired off. As a module it should be kept hidden I believe.

Could you give a little example how business hours can be used in Workflows?

I would have a good example, but I need to see if it works like I think. I have a few customers that have particular opening hours and they want to automate an e-mail when the car dealer is closed to cutomer who makes a quote. So I would create a workflow that would send an e-mail only if the business hours are not met as a condition.

Hi Guys

I have also noticed in 7.74 within Projects it has a tick box that states = Consider Working days:

I think this relates to business hours when creating a new project and project tasks?

to Developers:

Type please more details about business hours. I’d like to add this information to Russian application guide.

Hi,

I also don’t understand the way business hours works, in the meantime how can i hide it (consider working days) from the mass update in projects ?

Shouldnt this be added to the userguide or at least explained somewhere ? It seems my now() function was not working at since just 'cos I did not set any open working days.

Where did you set ‘open working days’?

The business hours module on my system appears only to have fields for ‘name’ and ‘description’

Resolved.