What happened to Reporting module?

Hi guys,

first of all congratulations on the marvelous job you’ve done! I am really excited about SuiteCRM, cannot wait to start using it myself for real and more importantly try to help it’s development and growth as much as possible. I really think that this could be big, so massive congrats to you guys for having the courage to actually put your balls out there :woohoo:

Anyway, I was wondering what happened to Reports module? It was right there on the Demo site, now it seems to be gone. I’ve installed an instance myself and it is not working, actually it looks like another workflow module. Could you pls point me if I’m missing something obvious.

If there is another proven Reports App (on Forge or somewhere…) that could be used with Suite and somebody knows about it pls let me know. I’ll do the same if I stumble upon something worthy.

Thanks in advance!

Goran

1 Like

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the feedback and we’re glad you’re excited about SuiteCRM.

The Reports module on the SuiteCRM demo was replaced with our new Advanced OpenReports module which is its early stages of development. The module does work well and exports to CSV/PDF/Target lists etc. There are several deliverables we have set out in the Roadmap for further releases to improve the Reports module we have released with SuiteCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

But why would you move the old one? It seemed like a more mature one with more possibilities? Moreover, it seemed to be working! Sorry if I’m being too bald, I am just curious.

Hi Goran,

We understand your feedback. We removed the old reporting module to add our new reporting module which will be constantly developed and improved upon. It is in its very early days of production and works well but currently cannot do related modules/go further than one module down with queries. This will be addressed for the next release of SuiteCRM(7.1.0).

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

OK Will, tnx for your quick responses.

Which one was the one you’ve removed? I understand that you’re promoting your stuff but wouldn’t you think about leaving the old one until SalesAgility’s Advanced Reporting is mature enough?

Thanks Goran

OK Will, many thanks!

Hi Goran,

I stand corrected. If you were previously using SuiteCRM, it was the AlineaSol module which was used for reports, which can also be found on SourceForge.

Thanks,

Will.

I was just trying your demo instance last week, so if you know which one was it…?
Which AlineaSOl version works well with Suite and which KReporter version has been tested with Suite?

Hi Goran,

Any AlineaSol/KReports versions that are compatible with Sugar 6.5.x will work with SuiteCRM. You may need to rename the ‘Reports’ module in SuiteCRM for the other modules you install to show correctly.

Thanks,

Will.

OK, tnx.

Will, where did your post disappear?