Website tracking?

Will start by saying I’m in the evaluation stage, but have used CRMs before and have a developer background.

I’m looking for tracking code that would go on my website (WordPress) and track each page my leads are visiting. Zoho has this through SalesIQ and it’s pretty slick. I understand X2CRM has something similar and Vtiger is working on it.

In the lead page, you would see their web page history. This would be along with the other tracked activity like email (opened, links clicked, correspondence). In one view, I can see what’s on their mind related to my offerings.

This is important because I’ll be starting a major content marketing effort. The articles they read will tell me their needs. I bet SuiteCRM sales people have the same needs.

The mechanism is pretty simple. Users identify themselves when they

• fill out a contact form
  • download a whitepaper (via form)
  • click on a link with query param (ex. suitecrmUser=123 or email=example@example)

This action creates the lead and puts a cookie on their system. Then, on your website, you add tracking code (typically in something like Google Tag Manager). The code sends the page title (and perhaps URL) to the CRM with the cookie identifying them.

I’m in the evaluation stage, but have searched and can’t find this, including add-ons. Did I miss it? Anything planned? Thanks!

Hi, welcome.

I am afraid your research is correct, this feature does not exist. Some people use a combination of SuiteCRM and Mautic, I don’t know much sabout this but I think it could fit the bill.

On the other hand, getting the basics of this to work wouldn’t be such a large project. SuiteCRM has an API you can call from your web site to add data to SuiteCRM database for those tracking purposes.

This is the sort of thing one company starts, for their own benefit, and then contributes it to core code on Github. Then other companies pick it up and develop it further, for the benefit of all, that’s the beauty of open-source.

Thanks, shortly after posting I saw the pinned post about Mautic integration with thousands of views. A quick look suggests it’s what I’m looking for. Appreciate the tip.

I currently use Mautic for this and push the web activities to SuiteCRM. It can be a little tricky to get working but it does work. I added a post on here somewhere about getting the web activities to populate SuiteCRM. If you get stuck just let me know.

If anyone is looking for a tutorial on how to do this, I added one to my blog:

https://igosalesandmarketing.com/suitecrm-web-activities-integration-with-mautic/

2 Likes

Thanks for this pstevens.

Does it matter that my system kept wanting to put a “wa_” in front of the Name?

The prefix “mtc” is the module key. When you create the module use mtc as the module key then when you create the relationships it will automatically insert “mtc_” at the beginning.