Web to lead form does not seem to support field type image

Web to lead form doesn’t seem to support the field type image. It just ignores the image field and displays everything else when generating the form.
How can I tweak the system to support the field type image?

You mean to be able to upload an image into SuiteCRM from a Web to Lead form?

That is not currently a feature, no. For one thing, it can have some problems for security, because any random file can be uploaded by a stranger who is not logged in, and it can be a huge file, or a malicious file.

But if you really want to go in that direction you need to make you own custom entry-point and do the necessary work there.

Yes, I mean Web to Lead forms. I am not quite sure why your argument is about huge and malicious files. The same argument holds for Notes and Attachments and in this case nobody seems to have a problem of uploading files of any size and type through the REST or SOAP interface. In my case I take a Form Component in Joomla transform the data and upload it to the server through SOAP.

Isn’t it more about the reluctance of changing the underlying core SugarCRM CE in order to achieve that.
One could even integrate an callback for Virus scanning.

On another note concerning changing the core files:
There is as already an undocumented field type “file” implemented. Although incomplete.

1. Remove in the interface doesn’t work
  2. uploaded file does not append the field-name to the uploaded document. e.g. /uploads/_<field_name>

Would be great if someone could finish that file field type.

Regards

Cedric

The API has authentication. My concerns with the Web to Person form is that it does not use authentication, it is public.

Which version of SuiteCRM are you saying the File field doesn’t work?

It is a valid concern under normal circumstances but when I use the SOAP interface I create a specific user to upload the data. Authentication in that case is like no authentication. I am just channeling the information through SOAP with a dedicated user for that particular form. End-result is the same, as if I would use no authentication at all because the form is publicly available.

Concerning the file field, I am using the latest build 7.11.1. Although, I have been using that CRM since I think SugarCRM CE early 6.x versions and always upgraded to the SuiteCRM 7.11.1

If there is a bug please open an Issue on Github with it (unless you find one already there). I don’t think we’re aware of any error like the one you mention. it might be a good idea to try it first on a clean installation (or at an online demo like https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM ) to make sure you’re not just facing a problem specific to your installation.

I remember a bug like you say (inability to remove) but it was fixed more than a year ago.