V8 Api - Updating Account Primary Email

I recently updated to Suite CRM 8.6.2. A few years back, I wrote a program that Creates / Updates accounts in the CRM from our internal business software databases using the V8 API. After the update the creation of new CRM accounts and the updating of existing CRM Accounts works for the most part, however, on the update, the Account email address is no longer updating to the new value.

I have been using the “email1” field to create/update the account.

This still creates the account with the correct email address and sets it as primary automatically but it no longer seems to work for the update.

I have attempted to change my UPDATE code to use the following method:

1. Create a new email address
  2. Get the currently related email address id.
  3. Delete the Account-Email relationship.
  4. Delete the old email address.
  5. Create the Account-Email relationship for the new email address.

All of this works, however, I do not see a way to set the new email address as the primary address.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Make sure you have the correct permission.

Clear symfony cache

The correct permissions are set, and I have cleared the cache and retested via my app AND from Postman and it simply seems to ignore the new email address passed in using the “email1” field.

Any other ideas on how to update the email address of an account and set it to be the primary email with the EXISTING API so I don’t have to either modify the current API code or create a custom API endpoint that does what I need it to do?