Users unable to view IMAP folders like sent

We use a single group email account. Using my administrator account I can select the IMAP Sent, Draft , etc. but has a normal user the folders popup folder is empty and in logs it simply says β€œ[ERROR] SugarFolder::retrieveFoldersForProcessing() Cannot Retrieve Folders - Please check the users inbound email settings.”

Unsure if this is related, but as admin if I edit this account and try to select the folders it fail and the log shows
Thu Jul 15 12:20:30 2021 [578169][1][ERROR] ImapHandler trying to set a non valid resource az stream.
Thu Jul 15 12:20:30 2021 [578169][1][ERROR] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.
Thu Jul 15 12:20:30 2021 [578169][1][ERROR] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.

Can anyone help me resolve this as our staff need access to SENT folders.

Hi @Bedlore

Please Watch : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7d7xWgp8k4
There are two things that need to be done.

1. Make sure that your IMAP settings are ON in the Gmail account.

2. Then go to your google settings and Allow Less Secure Apps to access your account.

This video is for SugarCRM Inbound Email Setting maybe it is helpful to you.

Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLdjHwgwgZY

Thank you Vijay, I should of said that I am not a gmail user, I use fastmail.com

You seem to indicate that the issue is on the mail provider side which doesn’t make sense to me since I can access IMAP Sent folder as admin with no issue but other SuiteCRM users can not?

Hello @vijay1992 ,
I am also using some external (zimbra) mail server.
i have tried to read the folders in mail server session it is giving empty.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 Like

Has anyone solved this?
I’m getting an empty folder list as well

I have resolved this issue by installing the
php-imap,
php -zip plugins.
Which are suppose to needed to load the imap folder names from other email service providers.