User specific variables in email templates not working?

Hi,

I’m new to SuiteCRM and steping from another CRM with my organization to SuiteCRM. I’ve downloaded the schemes (Excel csv files) from the old CRM to SuiteCRM.

Strangely, I cannot send an email while using variables. My accounts are linked to my contacts. This is triple checked. But, if I want to send an email to my clients, and I use the following steps:

1. Select Email template
  2. Select account
  3. Select user
  4. Use variables for both account and contacts.

Strangely, the variables for accounts DO work, but non of the user-related are working (e.g. Last Name, First Name etc). If I select no account, but directly the user, and try the user-specific vars, then they DO work.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a limitation of Suite?

I’m new to this forum, and didn’t find any related posts, so please excuse if it is a repost.

TIA

Hi @ikhan,

Welcome to the Community! :tada:

I’ve had same issues locally however i’m not sure if this is intended functional. I would assume that as the account has a 1 to many relationship with the contacts the email template does not have the knowledge of which data is should be displaying. I’ll take a look at this today and get back to you.

Hi Mac-Rae,

Thanks for welcoming!

Thanks for your reply! WOuld love to hear something where it might be going wrong.

In my eyes, CRM should have this functionality as users and accounts are connected with eachother. But it is awesome in SuiteCRM that you can make make own dashboards, with full customized fields. If they work in emails :slight_smile:

Would like to hear if and how you solved it.

Thanks in advance!

Is this the same as

:question: