When you press the “VIEW STATUS” button in a campaign you can see the basic info of that campaign and A LOT of subpanels to follow every detail of your sent emails. But I not sure abour if understand every of those subpanels, so I will like to put here all of them and a little description of what I think they are used for. Maybe this can help anyone with similar doubts
Campaign subpanels inside the Status view:
- MESSAGE QUEUE --> Emails waiting to be sent by the email server
- SURVEY RESPONSES --> Only valid if the campaign-type chosen was Survey
- MESSAGE SENT/ATTEMPTED --> ??
- VIEWED MESSAGE --> It depends of the email manager used. If it works correctly, it detects if the recipient loaded a 1px X 1px image
- CLICK-THRU LINK --> People who clicked some tracker?? What if you have several?
- LEADS CREATED --> Leads marked (on the “More information” tab of a lead) as created thanks to this specific campaign
- CONTACTS CREATED --> Contacts marked (on the “More information” tab of a contact) as created thanks to this specific campaign
- BOUNCED MESSAGES, INVALID EMAIL --> The destination email server refuses the campaign email
- BOUNCED MESSAGES, OTHER --> Example: A contact marked as receiver of a campagin has no email data
- OPTED OUT --> Receivers who pressed the campaign’s unsubscribe link
- SUPPRESSED BY EMAIL ADDRESS OR DOMAIN --> Example: A email repeated in different contacts (only one will be really sent)
Can anyone confirm or improve these explanations?