Use Field of Task Module into Account Module

Hello Experts,
I have one field “Order type” in Tasks Module and i want that field in Accounts Module because i have to list the users on the basis of Order types how i will achieve that in suitecrm ? anyone help please any idea ?
Thank you for helping me in advance

( @namitkakusuitecrm please take the time to assign a Category to your new posts. I’ve been doing it for you. If you can’t find a better-suited category, just use SuiteCRM General discussion. Thanks )

Oh ok ok sir sorry next time i will remember.

1 Like

Cool, no problem.

About your question - you might not need to copy the field form one side to the other. You can just grab it at the moment when you’re displaying it in the list:

That’s for a subpanel, but it should also be possible for a standard list view (also using process_record hook).

Sorry but i was not able to understand this. Can you please explain in Step-wise.
I want “Order type” field from Tasks Module inside Accounts Module.

Hello sir any solution for above question ? Please help i didn’t understand the above solution. That’s for the subpanel right ? but i want for standard list view . So can you please clear it in step wise.
Thank you

Hi @namitkakusuitecrm,

Could you clarify this a bit better;

What this means to us is you have a single field in Task modules that you want to relate to a single field in Accounts Module but you also want it within users as you want to be able to order by type (This just isn’t possible, data would conflict everywhere and therefore only one value could be set.)

(Also by users, I take you meant contacts? Please remember they are different)

Could you explain the premise of what you’re trying to do? What will the user see when they go to each module involved? Try explaining this in a non-technical way that you would use when training colleges, this make it easier for us to see what the end-user would be doing and what needs to be changed or added to get there. (See my example below)

When a user opens an account record, a drop-down field labelled “Order Type” would allow them to select from a list. When opening a contact record the field “Order Type” would display a read-only field contains the value from the “Order Type” field within the contacts related account. Ect Ect…

Hello sir hope you are doing well.
I only want that i have one field “Order Type” inside Tasks Module and i want that field inside Account Module in list view. How can i achieve that ?

Is the Order Type to be the same across all Tasks?

I have one field “Order Type” which is task module based on that i am creating Orders for customers. and in Account section i have list of all customers but problem is i want to list the customers on the basis of order they placed that’s why i want that Order type field inside Accounts module.

Its has two values “LR” and “LS” i want to use this field “Orde type” in my Accounts Module

Could you please confirm this question for me.

For example;
Account A is related to 3 tasks (1, 2 & 3)

When task 1 is created and assigned to Account A, Order Type is set to LS.
Now within Account A the Order Type field also shows LS

When task 2 is created and assigned to Account A, Order Type is by default LS and cant be changed.
This would be the same for any task created and assigned to this account

No sir this is not that functionality that i am using.
Ok let me tell you the scenario.
Let say i have an Account detail say (A) with me i goto => subpanel => Activities => Create Task
Now inside task module i have one dropdown “Select Order Type” based on that field i will create the task for Account A that task will show inside activities of Account A . Now i have to listing accounts on the basis of Order type how will i do that since i don’t have that Order type field in accounts Module

Thanks for letting us know but still. What if you had 2 tasks, one with order type LS and with RS what then. How is the CRM to react to this?

ya i got your point in that case i can list only account either he has LR service or LS service.
Exactly. You are right . But can we have any solution for now how to use any Task field inside Account field ?

1 Like

Glad you understand now where we are coming from. I don’t mean to be harsh but it’s important we are all working from the same page and not stepping all over each other. There aren’t too much I can give you as its very case by case dependent however generally that post @pgr gave gives you an idea.

You’re basically just following that but replacing anything to do with sub-panels with the edit view and swapping out references to the correct modules. You should then end up with a database-driven field I would suggest in accounts and then any task you open that is related to that account will have a non-DB field reflecting the value from the one in accounts

Hello Sir are you there ? i want your help

Sir Seriously i don’t understand how to do that please guide me .
Thank you