Upgrading from 7.8.8 LTS to the latest 7.11.x version!

Hi Guys,

I am trying to upgrade our current SuiteCRM to the latest edition, but I am having issues that I can’t pass by. In the middle of the upgrade process this error appeared and Admin panel went blank.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /home/suitecrm/public_html/suitecrm/cache/upgrades/temp/zF9SN2/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51

I have tried to follow links regarding this issue, but it does not work for me.

The Admin screen is still blank and you can’t do nothing about it. Are any alternative upgrade paths? How can I get to the latest edition safely?

Thanks in advance.

Can you get a full stack trace of that PHP Fatal error?

With respect to upgrade paths, 7.8.x -> 7.10.x I know works as I’ve done that before, so if you can, you could try to install in multiple steps (7.10.x) being the latest LTS version:

for 7.10.x links

If this is not possible, then we need to look at the various log files that are available.

Generally these are:
suitecrm.log in your web root (or other custom location
/var/log/httpd/error.log or access.log
/var/log/php-fpm.log

I’ve given a number of default paths primarily relating to a centos distro. There may be other logs that can help, but start there and see what you can find out? Your operating system and version might be useful along with php/mysql version for checking against the compatibility matrix:

Are your versions still supported on the 7.11.x version?

@anothermouse Txn for getting back. I was following upgrade path on SuiteCRM website. As I understand first we need to update to 7.10.x latest LTS and then try and update to 7.11.x version.

I got stuck on 7.10.x upgrade and deleted that instance of SuiteCRM…I will copy again production system to a test domain and then try again.

Current PHP version is 7.0, but I can upgrade to 7.3 if needed. MySQL is 5.0.12. The system runs on some Linux DS platform with Cpanel.

Are there any direct updates to 7.11.x?

Best Regards,

Slaven.

Generally, upgrading in steps is less likely to cause problems as you get to deal with less problems in one go. If you try and upgrade multiple versions at once, then you are more likely to have issues with multiple problems interacting together.

Also version 7.10.x is a Long Term Release (arguably better suited to production), and designed to be more stable. I’d expect it to have been better tested, and hence more reliable.

Hi @anothermouse. I am trying the standard upgrade mentioned in the Suite CRM site 7.8 to 7.10.27. Even I got the same error.

Notice: Undefined index: additional_step in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php on line 291

Notice: Undefined index: installing in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/scripts/pre_install.php on line 63

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 608

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 692

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 608

Deprecated: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php on line 692

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method EmailAddress::getSendConfirmOptInEmailActionLinkDefs() in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php:51 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(719): require() #1 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(771): EditViewMerge->loadData(‘Accounts’, ‘modules/Account…’, ‘/var/www/html/s…’, ‘custom/modules/…’) #2 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(217): EditViewMerge->merge(‘Accounts’, ‘modules/Account…’, ‘/var/www/html/s…’, ‘custom/modules/…’, true) #3 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(185): SugarMerge->mergeFile(‘Accounts’, ‘detailviewdefs…’, true, true) #4 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(153): SugarMerge->mergeModule(‘Accounts’, true, true, true) #5 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/commit.php(274): SugarMerge->mergeAll(true, true, true) #6 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/modules/UpgradeWizard/index.php(292): require(’/var/www/html/s…’) #7 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(777): include_once(’/var/www/html/s…’) #8 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(74): SugarView->includeClassicFile(‘cache/smarty/te…’) #9 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(196): ViewClassic->display() #10 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(371): SugarView->process() #11 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(318): SugarController->processView() #12 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/include/MVC/SugarApplication.php(105): SugarController->execute() #13 /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute() #14 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/saleskit.procarerx.com/cache/upgrades/temp/th8OO7/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.8.x-to-7.10.27/modules/Accounts/metadata/detailviewdefs.php on line 51

My php version is - PHP 7.1.33

I am already doing it in a test server, so I am ready to experiment any of the fixes you suggest. Please help me on this

Please don’t double post.

I answered you here

Sure. Thanks for responding.

1 Like