Upgrade Wizard Stuck in zip error

Hi,

When running upgrade wizard 7.7.x to 7.8.5 I ran into a “extraction does not exist” error - I had not changed the permission level which probably caused the error.

Now the Upgrade Wizard is stuck on that page.

Executing “Quick Repair and Rebuild” does not make any change. Nor does clearing the cache make any difference. Executing Upgrade Wizard immediately open the error page displaying following message: “Specified directory ''for zip file ‘upload://upgrades/patch/SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.7.x-to-7.8.5.zip’ extraction does not exist.”

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks

Do you have the zip extension installed and enabled on your web server?

Yes I have.

I took the easy way out here. I reinstalled Suite and imported the database and module changes.

However i went back to the original installation and opening the Upgrade Wizard again. Now the message had changed and was stuck in “Preflight check”, could not navigate away from that. Since I have a new working installation I continued from there. As the process continued I got continuously thrown out - session expired. A while later I was taken to the next step of the upgrade, but now the UI is totally re-arranged, getting thrown out and nothing works. The quick repair is hidden under the menu which now is half the screen.

So - take backup before attempting any upgrades.

Are you running the CRM in multiple tabs?

We had an issue with the JavaScript during those releases. Can you reset you file permissions, then run Rebuild Minified JS Files and then run Rebuild JS Grouping Files?

Does that fix your issue?

Hi,

I experience exactly (as far as I can understand) the same behaviour upgrading from 7.9.4 to 7.9.5.
I run the CRM in one tab only, and was also stopped by file permission complaints which was fixed over command line in the server…
I also ran Rebuild Minified JS Files and Rebuild JS Grouping Files as suggested, but that made no difference.
I have a backup on the system, and it is a test server so I can experiment quite freely if you have any ideas on what to try.

Hi,

I experience exactly (as far as I can understand) the same behaviour upgrading from 7.9.4 to 7.9.5.
I run the CRM in one tab only, and was also stopped by file permission complaints which was fixed over command line in the server…
I also ran Rebuild Minified JS Files and Rebuild JS Grouping Files as suggested, but that made no difference.
I have a backup on the system, and it is a test server so I can experiment quite freely if you have any ideas on what to try.

After waiting a while (~5 minutes) I could enter the Upgrade Wizard again, and execute the upgrade (now with all permissions fixed from the beginning). I managed to go all the way through, all seems OK. One minor obstacle though: I viewed at the files copied, and lost the Next-button(s) in the process. I could resume by starting the wizard from the beginning again. It then went directly to the same state, but with the Next-button visible.

I now resume our testing, and hope this info is of some use.

Thanks!