Upgrade to 7.12.1 Some Dashlets Crash

I just upgraded to 7.12.1, it was a rocky upgrade with issues that I fixed and was able to complete.

However, my Dashboard crashed and had to reset it. Now the “My Cases” dashlet doesn’t even add to the dashboard and the “My Tasks” dashlet just shows a spinning circle.

I tested the demo and this does not occur in the demo, so it’s definitely a me issue. Any one else? Or suggestions on what to try?

Things I’ve tried:

1. Repair and Rebuild
  2. Reset Homepage in user settings
  3. Rebuild dashlets in repair
  4. Did all the rebuild JS in repair
  5. Reset permissions
  6. Flushed my browser cache

There’s nothing obvious in error log.

In Console this seems relevant:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

What is “12.1”?

The browser’s Network tab should tell you exactly which request is giving the 500, you can examine the URL and the POST arguments

Sorry 7.12.1, I’ll edit

One other thing to add, when I do a QRR I get a bunch of tables that don’t match.

I execute, it says “Database tables are synced with vardefs”

but if I run QRR again, the tables are not synced.

This also happens on a clean install of 7.11.22 I just did. Not sure if its related. I assumed it wasn’t because the 7.11.2 seems to work ok.

Search these forums for the messages related to those tables that don’t match in the QR&R, it’s a known issue

Did get to the bottom of the DB issues. I’m on MySQL 8 and specifying the length of integer values seems to be deprecated. So any vardefs that specifies length of integer values will generate a mismatch warning.

Display width specification for integer data types was deprecated in MySQL 8.0.17, and now statements that include data type definitions in their output no longer show the display width for integer types, with these exceptions:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/9285

@pgr thanks for that tip!

The 500 error is:
https://mycrmurlxxxxx/index.php?entryPoint=retrieve_dash_page

OK for anyone following along, I removed the tab that had the “tasks” then re-set my permissions, then added tasks back. It works. However, now just down to the “cases” dashlet not working and that didn’t fix it.

The network tab should show you also (on the right, after clicking on the specific request) the POST parameters, if it’s a POST, maybe it’s called “headers”, and the response values (although a 500 error probably means you didn’t get anything back from the server).

This should allow to dive more specifically into the code answering the request. A 500 should leave a FATAL error in the php_errors.log but some errors are just too fatal for it to log anything :sweat_smile: