Upgrade SugarCRM Pro to SuiteCRM

Hi,

Can you please help me on how to upgrade from SugarCRM Pro to SuiteCRM?

I have read the threads mostly it is from SugarCRM CE.

I also read one topic that it says migrating the databases from SugarCRM Pro.

Just wanted to confirm if we only need to migrate database from SugarCRM Pro to SuiteCRM.

Thank you.

Hi Vio,

It requires scripts and is not straightforward(easy). What modules are you using? How large is your database?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will

How are you?

I’m trying to migrate from Sugar Pro to Suite CRM and this is what I have today:

Accounts 900
Contacts 547
Opportunities 877
Leads 1320
Projetcs 37
Calls 34
Meetings 160
Tasks 983
Notes 10
Documents 18
Reports 96
Contracts 797

Is it possible?

Thanks

Andre

HI all

I’m trying to achieve the same, migrate from Sugar Pro to Suite CRM. This is what I use today:

Accounts 900
Contacts 547
Opportunities 877
Leads 1320
Projetcs 37
Calls 34
Meetings 160
Tasks 983
Notes 10
Documents 18
Reports 96
Contracts 797

Do you think that is possible?

Best
Andre

Might be worth asking are you on SugarCRM 7 or SugarCRM 6 ?

Ian.

SugarCRM 6.5.14 Pro.

Andre

I am also on 6.5.14 Pro. Annual renewal comes up in about 4 weeks, and so I need to start testing whether there is an upgrade path from SugarCRM 6.5.14 Pro to SuiteCRM 7.x. The initial announcement about there being an upgrade path didn’t mention it specifically being for CE edition and so I was surprised to read that the Pro doesn’t actually have a supported migration path. https://suitecrm.com/forum/announcements/50-upgrade-path-now-available

Has anyone done this migration? Did they document their steps and issues? Are they willing to spend a few hours for a little bit of $$$ to help a small business migrate?

Given this thread started almost 2 months ago and no additional useful information was contributed, I’m not holding my breath.

Thanks in advance

Hi trmike,

As Pro is different in many ways to CE, and because SuiteCRM is based on CE, it would actually require a migration from Pro to SuiteCRM.

There are many modules from pro which differ in SuiteCRM, in terms of name/structure, so the data in those modules(for example Quotes) would need to be migrated using scripts.

If you wish further assistance, you can contact our commercial team.

Thanks,

Will.