Upgrade Sugar 6.5.14 to SuiteCRM 7.0.1.. Now what?

Running Debian 7 on a test box. Copied a working SugarCRM 6.5.14 with about 3000 contacts onto the new server. I then proceeded with the SuiteCRM “Upgrade” as per the instruction and it finished.

Now what?

How do I use this? When I enter http://testsite in the browser it just brings up the original SugarCRM… If I do http://testsite/SuiteCRM I get the SuiteCRM login but cannot login as the users from the old Sugar. The new “admin” account is able to login tho.

Is this package an overlay for SugarCRM then? Or is it a replacement? How do I get it to access the original Sugar users and Sugar database with contacts?

Hi there,

How did you upgrade from SugarCRM CE to SuiteCRM? Did you do this via the upgrade wizard?

SuiteCRM is the latest version of SugarCRM CE with additional modules and customisations.

Thanks,

Will.

Yep. I used the upgrade wizard. I even deleted everything and re-installed a few times to make sure all the steps were correct. I started with a working install if SugarCRM then unzip the SuiteCRM and set that up with the install wizard. Then I run the upgrade module and supply the upgrade.zip from my desktop PC to the server. It seems to run through everything with no errors.

After installation, what is the path to access it? Will it overwrite the SugarCRM install somehow? Or do I always need to add the /SuiteCRM in the web-request path?

Thanks!

Hi there,

If you upgraded correctly via the Upgrade Wizard in the admin panel using the upgrade files from the downloads section on this website, Your SugarCRM instance would have been upgraded to SuiteCRM.

Uphrading should not overwrite your install, only add the new customisations and additional modules to your standard SugarCRM CE install. Your SuiteCRM instance should be accessible from the same domain from which you could access your SugarCRM CE install.

Thanks,

Will.

Hmm. Ok. When I access the old sugar address (after the update), it’s still the old CRM… Is there a manual install available?

Hi there,

If you upgraded via the Upgrade Wizard you should be viewing the SuiteCRM upgrade. In terms of a manual install, I presume you mean a full install from the ground up. You can download the full SuiteCRM package on the download page which installs in the same way as SugarCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

I think I figured it out… I need to run the “Upgrade Wizard” from my OLD SugarCRM install. I’m running the “Upgrade Wizard” in the SuiteCRM install thinking that THAT will upgrade the old Sugar to SuiteCRM. System is currently doing “System Checks”.