Upgrade Kicking Me Out

I have upgraded our test database from Version 7.3.1 to Version 7.4.4 as there is no direct upgrade to the latest version.

But now when I try to upload SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.4.x-to-7.6.10.zip package, when I click Upload Package it kicks me out and back to the home page. Any ideas why this is happening?

I have had the same problem. I have managed to solve it by updating every php value recommend on upgrade documentation. Post size, upload size, max execution time etc. If you need anything write it.

Ok I have checked these values in our php file and they are all greater than the recommended defaults, which I am guessing is ok?

I was also receiving the following errors in the upgrade log. I have removed the module, but the upgrade is still failing (the errors below are now not appearing).

I have also noticed in the packages that have been installed it says SuiteCRM patch 6.5.20 29/01/2017 10:20pm None. But it was SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.3.x-to-7.4.4 package that I installed. Don’t know if this is an issue? In about it does say that the version is 7.4.4.

Any more ideas?

Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:41 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - setting session variables…
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:41 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - At upload.php
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:41 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - finding new files for upgrade
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:43 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - *** Potential error: patch found with either no ‘type’ or non-patch type [ upload://upgrades/module/OpportunityReferrer.zip ]
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:43 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - *** Potential error: patch found with either no ‘type’ or non-patch type [ upload://upgrades/module/OpportunityReferrer-0.1.1.zip ]
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:38:43 +0300 [UpgradeWizard] - *** UW using [ ] as source for patch files.

You may try uploading the file to your server via FTP.

Have a look here for instructions on how to proceed.

Do not forget to back everything up (DB and Folder structure) before an upgrade.

If upgrading uploading the manually fails, you may try to copy everything to a local machine, run the upgrade there and then upload it to your server. If you do so, you have to know how to move one instance from one place to another, but it is quite easy.

I am running this from our server. It is a Windows installation , so I have just copied the zip file to the desktop of the server and uploaded through Internet Explorer.

Like I say, the first step of the upgrade went fine. It allowed me to upgrade to 7.4.4 OK. It is this next hop which is causing problems.

:wink: Sorry: I forgot to paste the link with the instructions:
http://cheleguanaco.blogspot.it/2011/11/sugarcrm-tips-wizard-less-uploads.html

The path is wrong for Windows or later versions. It is - crm\upload\upgrades\patch

Seems to be going through now. Thanks for your help with this it is appreciated.

Regards,

You are right. SuiteCRM have moved the upload path to the root directory of the CRM.