Upgrade from v8.0.0 to v8.0.1 fails

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
I tried to upgrade to the newest version.
Therefore I created the /tmp/package/upgrade folder in the suitecrm root folder.
I placed the zip file with wget inside the /tmp/package/upgrade folder.
And then I started the update with the update suitecrm:app:upgrade -t v8.0.1 command.

The upgrade starts and when it comes to composer it throws me a lot of php warnings. With failed to open stream: file not found.
In the end it can’t upgrade.

And yes, there are no composer files in the current installation. Should there be some?
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help,
Alex

Hi @AlexHammerschmied,

The “version name” needs to be the same as the package version. So something like:

“suitecrm:app:upgrade -t SuiteCRM-8.0.1”

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you Clemente!

In my case, the update starts and everything seems to be good until i get a bunch of PHP errors like:

vendor/composer/../symfony/var-dumper/Dumper/CliDumper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

and also I get this error in the end:

thrown in /suitecrm_root/web/vendor/symfony/error-handler/ErrorHandler.php on line 563

[2022-02-05 09:47:23] php.WARNING: Warning: include(/suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/../symfony/error-handler/Error/FatalError.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Warning: include(/suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/../symfony/error-handler/Error/FatalError.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php:444)"} []

[2022-02-05 09:47:23] php.WARNING: Warning: include(): Failed opening '/suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/../symfony/error-handler/Error/FatalError.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Warning: include(): Failed opening '/suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/../symfony/error-handler/Error/FatalError.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') at /suitecrm_root/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php:444)"} []

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError' not found in /suitecrm_root/vendor/symfony/error-handler/ErrorHandler.php:686

Stack trace:

#0 [internal function]: Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\ErrorHandler::handleFatalError()

#1 {main}

thrown in /suitecrm_root/vendor/symfony/error-handler/ErrorHandler.php on line 686

This looks to me like something was missing. Did anybody had problems like this already? Appreciate every bit of help :slight_smile:

Ha! I got it. I tried to upgrad to the major- install.zip instead of the upgrade.zip

For everybody who comes accross the same problems:

Watch out for the UPGRADE Package. This is different to the regular Releases.
Here’s the Link to all Upgrade Packages:
https://suitecrm.com/upgrade-suitecrm/

1 Like

This is a common pitfall and I wish SuiteCRM was smart enough to recognize the different upgrade/installation packages and provide guidance…