Upgrade from SugarCRM CE 6.5.23 fails

When trying to upgrade our SugarCRM CE 6.5.23 to SuiteCRM 7.1.8 using the Upgrade-Package it fails with an SQL error stating that object aos_pdf_templates could not be found. But this seems to belong to an extension module which we never had before, so why does the Upgrade try to access it? Or, alternatively, doesn’t create it?

Please help

It should create it.

Does the database for the user have all required privileges?

How far does the upgrade get?

What happens if you try a Quick Repair & Rebuild in Admin -> Repair(execute any changes listed at bottom on completion) and then try to re-access the Upgrade Wizard?

Thanks,

Will.

Sorry for not replying this long - some urgent stuff dropped in.

Finally got over the first step. Here’s what I did:

1. Applied the Upgrade package (ran to error mentioned above after preflight check)
  2. Ran Quick Repair and saved SQL Script (dropped a length spec from a text column)
  3. Restored everything to SugarCE 6.5.23
  4. Applied saved SQL Script to the Database
  5. Applied Upgrade Package again (successful this time)

Now I tried to upgrade 7.1 to 7.3: Upgrade Package runs fine, but App doesn’t work and PHP throws errors afterwards:

[22-Aug-2016 15:05:43] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.0.0\htdocs\sugarcrm\include\phpmailer\class.phpmailer.php on line 1910

Do I need to upgrade PHP before upgrading to 7.3 (starting out on PHP 5.2 which is required by Sugar)? Do you have a table showing matching SuiteCRM and PHP versions?