Upgrade from SugarCRM 6.5.22 ?

Can we upgrade from SugarCRM 6.5.22 yet? :slight_smile:

Hello! I installed SugarCRM 6.5.22 for a small company where I work. But seeing SuiteCRM, the director decided to upgrade 6.5.22 to SuiteCRM. Please indicate the approximate date when it will be possible to make the migration of preserving the existing data base. If we have to wait a long time, we will not waste time and install SuiteCRM completely.
I hope very much for your answer. Thank you.
ps Sorry for my English, translation by Google Translate :blush:

same wish, i like to migrade form SugarCRM to SuiteCRM

If you go to the suitecrm home page and click on the menu download and scroll to the bottom you will find a link to a Migration Package.
SugarCE Migration 6.5.x to SuiteCRM 7.1.8. Please note this specifically states “Community Edition” I can’t speak to the rest of them.

For anyone who has this problem, I started from @item’s suggestion in another thread and was successful with 2 different upgrade/migrations by doing the following:

1. back everything up, and don’t blame me if the universe explodes!
  2. download the Suger --> Suite zip file (if you’re here, you likely alreaady have it!)
  3. As Admin, go to the Upgrade Wizard, and run the System Check
  4. Leave the browser and use your favourite text editor to change the version from 6.5.22 to 6.5.20 in three places in two files in the root of your install (save copies of the originals, of course):
    a) config.php: ‘sugar_version’ => ‘6.5.22’ …change to 6.5.20 (this was on line 307 for me)
    b) sugar_version.php: $sugar_version = ‘6.5.22’ …change to 6.5.20 (this was on line 41 for me)
    c) also in sugar_version.php: $sugar_version = ‘6.5.22’ …change to 6.5.20 (this was on line 42 for me)
  5. Back in the browser, Upload the Upgrade Package (the zip from step 1)
  6. Run Preflight Check
  7. Run Commit Upgrade - note this will fail and while about the code not matching the database version - that’s ok for the moment
  8. Undo the changes you made in step 3 above
  9. Hit refresh in the browser, and the “Commit Upgrade” process will continue
  10. Run Confirm Layouts

Once complete, all was right in the world. Again, while this worked (twice) for me, YMMV, nothing in life s certain, and whatever you do is not my fault. :slight_smile: