Upgrade from 7.4.x to 7.5 Problems

Yes, had it too. After changing that to 5.4 or 5.5 I was able to use SuiteCRM again. But some other things are still broken, e.g. global search is not working at allā€¦

OK, thanks for the tip. I will get it upgraded (need my IT admin here), and will then report what happens.

I have 5.4.16

Similar problem here. The upgrade process didnā€™t finish and had a blank page.
Most of the functions are available. The admin page is not available (white, except of the title ā€œadministrationā€. So I am not able to access the uprade page.
Help would be very much appreciated.

Upgraded to PHP 5.4.45, now everything works as intended. Even the admin pages works fine. Thanks again pasihuhtala!

I have not executed the update wizard again, is there anything that could be left unfinished if I donā€™t. My upgrade log file ended with:

ā€¦
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:22:44 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - File copy done.
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:22:44 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - Starting post_install()ā€¦
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:22:44 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - Entered post_install function.
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:24:52 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - setting session variablesā€¦
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:24:52 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - [At commit.php]
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:24:52 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - Setting error_reporting() to E_ERROR while running upgrade
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:24:52 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - Starting post_install()ā€¦
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:24:52 +0100 [UpgradeWizard] - Entered post_install function.

1 Like

Many upgrade issues causing white screens, blank home/page/dashboard should now be resolved in SuiteCRM 7.5.1.

Can everyone download and try out the new upgrades/installers, and please feed back any issues so that we can log and resolve these in 7.5.2?

Thanks,

Will.

I can confirm that in my case new release works well.
Since I was not sure if my system really is 7.5 (after 7.5RC to 7.5 failed) - I run 7.5RC to 7.5.1 package.
The upgrade went without problems, everything seems be OK.
Thank you for prompt fix!

7.4.1 -> 7.5.1 Everything ok. Thank you for the fix.

+1 for 7.5 -> 7.5.1 = joy

Will,

Is upgrading PHP required to run the upgrade? I am running 5.3.3.?

TIA,

~eric

How can i Start the wizard when using 7.4 and its still frozen in the last step? Can not select the file and Start the wizard.

Want to install 7.5.1 but its not possibleā€¦

Actually Will, could you confirm which php version is recommended for 7.5.1
I always though 5.3 was ok but looking at other post, I might be wrong.

To get all chances on our side please recommend PHP version to useā€¦

I am setting up a sandbox to try the upgrade and I will reportā€¦

Thank you

Thanks for confirming the fix guys.

In regards to PHP version, 5.3.x and later are supported. One of the bugs was the syntax for the AOR_Report.php file. The syntax was only supported in PHP 5.4.x and later. We addressed this, so you should have no issues with PHP 5.3.

In regards to getting rid of your white screens, I would recommend grabbing the modules/AOR_Reports/AOR_Report.php file from the 7.5.1 installer and dropping this into your buggy 7.5 environment. This should resolve the issue with any admin/upgrade wizard white screens.

If your homepage is whitescreening, I would recommend grabbing the modules/Home/index.php from the 7.5.1 installer. There was a fix here for an issue where we had removed the custom include/MySugar/tpls/MySugar.tpl but had not modified the code to check for a core file so if it didnā€™t find a file in custom it just failed.

Please keep coming with the issues if there are any, so that we can address these in 7.5.2.

Thanks for your feedback and testing!

In regards to recommended PHP versions, Iā€™d say 5.5/5.6 are best as these are in support(5.3 no longer supported for fixes etc) and SuiteCRM works well on these versions.

Thanks,

Will.

New problem: cannot re-order subpanels. Before upgrade I was able to drag panels to desired location, but not anymore. ā€˜Prevent user customizable subpanel layoutā€™ is not set.

Firebug shows some errors, image as an attachment.

7.5.1 ran successfully for me, without any issues. Sub-panels seem to move ok. im using suiteR

After update to 7.5 module=Users&action=EditView&record=1 will bee blank

Update to 7.5.1 - not resolve problem

Also:
Not attach email to leads
Emailā€™s not send.

http://joxi.ru/82QVYWlidXE1Ad

I can confirm that the 7.5.1 install has completed successfully and everything appears to be working correctly at the moment. Also worth noting that I am running php 5.3 due to OS limitations, but this does not seem to present any issues.

One minor bug though - charts on the dashboard donā€™t seem to ā€˜light upā€™ in relation to the mouse position. Which is a little odd.

B)

7.5 to 7.5.1 went perfectly, no problems. Thank you for the fix.

I have replaced both files (AOR_Report.php and Home/index.php) and the admin page is back again. Thanks!
Unfortunately, the page of the upgrade wizard is still white and cannot be accessed.